Atta Masala Mathri recipe | How to make Crispy Flakky Atta Masala Mathri | Tea time Snack recipe
This post will share an easy and straightforward recipe to make Crispy , Flaky and Tasty Atta Mathri at home . There are many ways of making it.
This recipe is generally prepared upon during festivals like Karwa Chauth and Diwali. But we make this recipe around the year.
This is a perfect tea-time snack. I prefer to eat with Curd and Pickle too.
Diwali is just round the corner, checkout my other recipes which I have already share on blog specially for Diwali …
- Verki Puri
- Butter Murukku
- Easy Rava Ladoo
- Moong Dal Chakli
- Gujarati Fulwadi
- Meetha Sata / Thor
- Rava & Rice flour Murukku
- Besan Ladoo
- No Bake Swiss Roll
- Roasted Poha Chivda
- Kala Jamun
- Dry Fruit Gujiya / Ghughra
Checkout the Video recipe for Atta Masala Mathri here..
Atta Masala Mathri
Crispy, Flaky and very tasty Atta Masala Mathri
- Good amount of Fat is key to get crispy and flaky mathri.
- Knead tight dough.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Coarsely crushed Dry Corinader/Sukha Dhaniya
- 1 tbsp coarsely crushed Fennel Seeds / Sauff
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds /Ajwain
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 1 tsp Kalonji /Onion Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1.5 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 4 to 5 tbsp Oil, to add in dough -Oil to fry
- In a big plate / parat, seive Wheat flour.
- Add Salt, dry coriander, sauff, ajwain, jeera, kalonji, kasuri methi,turmeric powder, chilli flakes and Oil.
- Mix well . Add warm water little by little and knead tight dough.
- Cover the rest dough for 20 to 25 minutes. -Later, Take a big portion from dough and roll into slightly thick big roti.
- With a cookie cutter / katori cut the dough in a small mathri shape.
- Roll again the rest of the dough and follow the same procedure.
- Heat Oil to fry. Fry Mathri on slow to medium flame till crispy..
- Increase the flame just to give lovely colour to Mathri.
- Take out Mathri and Keep on an Oil absorbant paper .
- once cooled, Store in an air tight container for long shelf life..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking ☺️☺️