How to make Crispy Bhakharwadi at home | Bhakharwadi Recipe | Bakarwadi Recipe
Bhakharwadi is a fried crispy pinwheels/ spirals. It is one of the most popular recipe from Western India. Bhakharwadi / Bakarwadi is very addictive and has blasts of flavours.. Bhakharwadi is Spicy, Sweet and tangy snack variety ..
Bhakharwadi is deep fried snack , made with Plain flour and few exotic dry spice. Its typically made during festival seasons but it can be served as evening snack with hot cup of Tea .
I have used IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL to fry BHAKHARWADI . Using this traditional ,natural and pure groundnut oil gives pleasure and satisfaction towards health of my family. Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil is a heart friendly oil too. The high smoking point of groundnut oil makes it ideal for deep frying too. Click here to know more about Idhayam products.
Checkout the Video recipe for Bhakharwadi here..
- Instead of All Purpose Flour / Maida, Wheat flour can be used.
- Tamarind Chutney gives extraordinary punch to the taste birds, but if its not available , add dry mango powder in stuffing and spread some Oil on rolled disc while spreading disc.
- while frying, maintain the heat of flame . Fry on low to medium flame for perfect crispy crunchy result.
- Store in air tight container for longer shelflife
- For Dough
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp Gram Flour / Besan
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 3 tbsp Hot Oil
- Salt For Stuffing
- 1 tbsp Corriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Dessicated Coconut
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Other Ingredients
- Oil to fry
- In a mixing bowl, take Maida,Besan, Salt, Carom Seeds. Take Hot oil. Mix well with spoon.
- Crumble well with fingers. Add water spoon by spoon and knead tight dough.
- Knead well. Cover and keep aside for atleast 20 minutes.
- To prepare stuffing, first dry roast few ingredients. In a pan roast Dry Coriander Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Sesame Seeds.
- Roast on slow flame and stir continuously till its fragrant.
- Add Dessicated Coconut. Immediately switch off the flame and keep stirring. Coconut will be crispy from heat of Pan. Allow it to cool a bit.
- Add this mixture in a mixer jar and grind . Use Pulse method to grind, else oil can be released from Coconut.
- Now add some salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, ginger powder, garam masala, powdered sugar. Mix very well. Pulse 2 to 3 times to avoid soft lumps ..
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and keep aside.
- Now , lets prepare Bhakharwadi…
- Knead the dough slightly with few drops of Oil. Pinch the medium sized ball and flatten .
- Roll it medium thick in square shape ..
- Spread a tsp of Tamarind Chutney leaving the sides.
- Spread prepared stuffing over chutney leaving sides..
- Grease sides with water to seal the edges.
- Slowly roll the dough very tightly, making sure there are no gaps. else while deep frying, bhakarwadi will fall apart.
- Cut the roll in same size. Press and flatten a little . This will help layerz and masala to be intact.
- Heat Oil on medium heat.
- Deep fry the rolls on low to medium flame . Stir occassionally and fry till they turn crispy .
- Drain Bhakharwadi on kitchen towel to remove access Oil.
- Serve bhakarwadi with masala tea or store in an airtight container once cooled completely for a month.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.