How to make Instant Nylon Khaman recipe| Gujarati Khaman Dhokla recipe |Soft, Spongy, Instant Nylon Khaman Recipe with written and video recipe Nylon Khaman is very popular and traditional snack recipe from Gujarati Cuisine . This snack recipe is a fantastic combination of Sweet and sour taste. Nylon Khaman generally served as a snack or breakfast or with a meal too.
Gujarati Cuisine is well known for its wide variety of Vegetarian and very delicious recipes which are rich and flavourful too. One such easy and simple snack recipe is Khaman Dhokla , made with fermented batter. Traditionally dhokla was made with grounding soaked chanadal and later ferment it overnight. Fermentation step can be a time consuming and requires lot of planning. To mitigate this , there are several instant versions too . I have already shared here such Instant version for INSTANT BESAN DHOKLA, using curd and semolina in besan flour batter. Do checkout that recipe too.
Here, in this recipe , I am showing another very easy and quick version to make soft, fluffy and very delicious Nylon Khaman with the use of Citric Acid.
I have made this very tasty Nylon Khaman with IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL
Some important Notes
- Seive flour . It’s very important and crucial step. With this , flour will get good airy texture, and that’s so much needed for perfect result.
- Citric Acid. In this recipe, I have used Citric Acid , but if it’s not available at your end one can replace it with Lemon Juice .
- Cooking Soda can be replaced with Fruit Salt too. The best option for Fruit Salt is ENO, a very popular brand in market.
- Turmeric Powder . Use just a pinch of it (or just avoid it) , as it will react with cooking soda and yield red colour dots on dhokla .
Recipe Card for Nylon Khaman
Soft, fluffy very delicious Vegetarian Snack recipe from Gujarati Cuisine. Nylon Khaman can be served as a side or main dish ..
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar, powdered
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid / Nimbu Sat Or 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 + 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
For Seasoning / Tadka
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 -3 Green Chillies
- Few Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 2.5 tbsp Sugar
- 100 ml water
- Finely chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Grated Coconut for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl, seive Gram flour/ Besan and powdered sugar . Seiving is very important step , never skip it .
- Add salt, citric acid, turmeric powder , Oil .
- Add water little by little and make smooth flowing batter. Checkout the video for perfect consistency of batter.
- Keep the better aside , get steamer ready.
- Here, I am using a Kadai . Fill with water . Place a stand . Cover the kadai and allow water to start boiling.
- Grease a mould with oil.
- Once water starts boiling from kadai / steamer , then only add cooking soda to batter.
- Add 1/2 tsp Cooking soda to the batter. Mix so well with spatula or hand.
- Batter will looks so light and fluffy. Keep whisking for half a minute. Batter should be nicely fluffy.
- Immediately transfer to greased mould. Place that mould in steamer.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 16 minutes.
- Later, switch off the gas and allow it to cool for few minutes.
- Run a sharp knife through edges of mould and de mould the Khaman carefully. Allow it cool completely.
- Let’s prepare the seasoning.
- Heat 2 tbsp Oil. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chillies, curry leaves, red dry chillies.
- Later , add asafoetida and water. Add some salt and sugar. Once water starts boiling , switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool before pouring on dhokla.
- Khaman or seasoning , None should be hot while pouring.
- With a spoon , pour seasoning on all sides of Khaman .
- Allow it to soak all the flavours from seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and grated coconut.
- Serve as a side or main dish.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected wit ygh me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂