Wheat Flour Halwa With Jaggery | Atte Aur Gud ka Halwa|Detailed recipe for Wheat Halwa with Jaggery , step by step pictures and video recipe
Halwa made from WholeWheat Flour and Jaggery is very popular sweet dish , specially in North India.. This so so moist, smooth, delicious and melt in mouth Halwa is very easy and super quick to make to satisfy that sweet craving.
This Halwa can be served on any celebration , any festival or anyday as dessert or with meal. Infact , Halwa Poori is a superb deadly combo where this Halwa is served hot with Masala Pooris. Sooji Halwa also can be served for this combo.
I am sharing this easy and very delious Wheat Jaggery Halwa as my entry to Healthy Wellthy Cuisines , a bloggers FB group , under the theme of #KuchMithahojaye . This time theme was suggested by a dear friend and wonderful blogger Vanitha Bhat. Who blogs at CurryandVanilla .. Do checkout her blog for wonderful dishes..
You can checkout the links for some very delicious soups from blogger friends ..
- Palapazam Sakarai Pongal by Seema Doraiswamy
- Badam Phirni by Swati Malik
- Atta Ladoo by Shalu Jain
- Carrot Jamun in Cardamom Milk by Vanitha Bhat
Coming back to Wheat Flour Halwa recipe, its very easy to make, tasty and must say very healthy too. Its calorie loaded but believe me its all worth..
One more variation to Wheat Flour Halwa is with Sugar , which is given at Gurudwara , known as Kada Prasad. But to make Kada Prasad , the ratio of Wheat flour, sugar and ghee is same.
Checkout other my favourite Halwa recipes..
Checkout the Video recipe for Wheat Flour Halwa with Jaggery here…
Checkout some veryimportant points to make perfect Wheat Jaggery Halwa
- Use Desi Ghee for better and rich taste and flavour.
- Use unbleached jaggery for earthy taste and beautiful colour.
- The final colour of the sweet is depends on the jaggery.
- Nuts – Almonds, Cashews or Raisins can be used to give more taste and flavour.
Lets see the process with step by step pictures…
Keep all the ingredients ready .
Heat jaggery and 2 cup of water in a pan . Use chopped jaggery for quick process. Cook on slow flame . Once it’s starts. boiling , turn the flame slowest.
Other side, In a pan , heat Ghee. Add wheat flour. Keep stirring.
Roast wheat flour till turns aromatic on low flame. Continuous stirring is must, else flour may get burn..
Once flour starts leaving aroma and turns little dark , add hot jaggery water.
On slow flame , mix everything very well.
Make sure there is no lumps . Cook for 2 minutes. Garnish with some chopped or slivered Almonds .
Serve hot as dessert or with meal.
Recipe Card for Wheat Flour Halwa
Wheat Flour Halwa with Jaggery
Delicious , easy and very healthy Wheat Jaggery Halwa
- 1cup Wheat Flour
- 2/3 cup Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 2/3 cup Jaggery
- 2 cups of water
- Some chopped Almonds
- Heat Jaggery and 2 cups water in a pan. For fast process, use chopped jaggery.
- Cook on slow flame . Once it’s starts boiling , turn the flame slowest.
- Other side , In a pan , heat Ghee. Add wheat flour. Keep stirring.
- Roast wheat flour till turns aromatic on low flame. Continuous stirring is must, else flour may get burn..
- Once flour starts leaving aroma and turns little dark , add hot jaggery water.
- On slow flame , mix everything very well. Make sure there is no lumps .
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with some chopped or slivered Almonds .
- Serve hot as dessert.
- Use Desi Ghee and unbleached Jaggery for perfect earthy taste and beautiful colour of the sweet.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂