How to make Instant Bhakhri Pizza at Home |Easy Pizza recipe with step by step pictures and video recipe
Vacation time for kids and their requests never end for junk and chatpata food. But being a mother I understand, whats the importance of Healthy Food … My little loves Cheese Pizza . She orders to make it frequently,which I cant do. All Purpose Flour, yeast , cheese etc etc, Cant be served frequently .
So I thought of a healthy version.. My Sister , dear J , who is a great cook , She suggested and made Pizza at home, but No Maida, No Yeast . Just normal Whole Wheat Flour and some spices and preferable topping.. and a THIN CRUST , Crispy Cheesy Pizza is ready.
Indian friends very well understand whats Bhakhri, but for friends from abroad let me explain a bit on it. Bhakhri , is a kind of Flat bread, very popular in Gujarat. It is made from Whole Wheat Flour, salt and Oil mainly. Check out the detailed recipe of Bhakhri here.
Checkout the delicious and easy Pizza Sauce recipe here.
Checkout the Video Recipe for this yummy pizza here
- I have used Home made fresh Paneer, one can use store bought too.
- I have used home made Quick Pizza Sauce, one can use store bought or one can replace with normal tomato sauce. Just add some Oregano, chilli flakes etc.
- Toppings are totally depends on your choice..
Making Bhakhri Pizza is very easy.. let’s see the procedure with step by step pictures
In a bowl, Mix all the ingredietns for Dough.
Slowly add water little by little. Keep mixing and knead a tight dough. Keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
Roll a big and thin Roti . Prick with fork. Tava should be thick bottommed. Roast it on Tava on just one side. Cook for a minute and then Flip it .
Take that pizza base on a plate . Spread Pizza sauce with paneer. Spread some cheese. One can use any cheese of your choice . Put all rest of the toppings, chopped Bell Pepper , Chopped Onions and some boiled Sweet corns. Sprinkle Oregano and chilli flakes as per taste.
Cover it with some more cheese. Place pizza on tava again and Cover the pizza with a lid. Allow it to bake on slow flame for 3-4 mins.
Check when base is crispy. Take the baked pizza and cut into pieces through sharp knife.
One can bake in microwave too..bake for 6-8 mins at 190 degree. Keep an eye on pizza after 6 mins..
Instant Bhakhri Pizza
Tasty, Healthy and so mouthwatering Instant Bhakti Pizza
- 1.5 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Carrom Seeds (Ajwain)
- 3 tsp Oil
- Pizza Sauce
- Chopped Green Bell Pepper
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Fresh Home Made Paneer
- Boiled Sweet Corn
- Italian Seasoning
- Chilli Flakes
- Cheese (any of your choice)
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredietns for Dough. Slowly add water little by little.
- Keep mixing and knead a tight dough. Cover and keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
- Later, make equal sized 3 balls out of the dough.
- Roll a big and thin Roti . Prick with fork. Now , we will cook it.
- On a nonstick pan, place the rolled pizza base. Cook for a minute or so.
- Roast it on Tava on just one side. Flip it . And take on a plate.
- Now , lets spread toppings. Spread Pizza sauce with paneer. Spread some cheese. Put all rest of the toppings. I used chopped Bell Pepper , Chopped Onions and some boiled Sweet corns.
- Sprinkle Oregano and chilli flakes as per taste. Cover it with some more cheese.
- Place this pizza on a heated pan again. Cover the pizza with a lid.
- Allow it to bake on slow flame for 3-4 mins. Check when base is crispy.
- Take the baked pizza and cut into pieces through sharp knife.
- One can bake in microwave too..bake for 6-8 mins at 190 degree. Keep an eye on pizza after 6 mins..
- Serve Hot.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂