Detailed recipe for Homemade Paneer| How to make perfect Paneer at home with step by step pictures and Video recipe
Paneer is fresh Cheese made by curdling milk by acidic food like Lemon Juice , Curd , Vinegar or Citric Acid . To make Paneer at home is very very easy , simple . To make perfect , soft Paneer at home needs some attention and some tips which I have menioned all details in this post . Homemade Paneer is great in flavour , freshness and taste.
Store bought Paneer has Citric Acid or additives in it , which is not good for health.
I have updated this post with new pictures , videos and many useful tips which I have learnt through my experience..
Some tips on making perfect Paneer :
- Use full fat Milk . Full fat / cream milk yields excellent results just like it does for making curd. I have used full fat pesturised milk . One can use cow milk too.
- These are acidic ingredients that curdles the milk. You can use any one of them: Lemon juice, Curd Vinegar or Citric Acid.
- There is no exact measurements of how much acidic ingredient to use. Always start with Minimum quantity. It’s totally depends of quality of Milk..
- To remove the particular taste of Lemon /Vinegar , pour a glass of water on Paneer and wash it bit.
- If there is lots of cream floating over the milk, then there is no need to remove it. The natural cream present in the milk, makes the paneer soft.
- Once you add the lemon juice or vinegar than the milk will start to curdle. The milk has to completely curdle. you should be able to see the greenish Whey ( water separates from milk)
- Once the milk curdles completely than don’t boil it more. remove immediately and strain the milk.
- The overcooking may yield a hard paneer once set.
- Always cut the paneer into pieces only when needed.
- Soak the paneer block in water in a bowl and keep in the fridge . Paneer will stay soft , won’t turn hard.
- Before using panner for any dish, one can soak the paneer in warm water after you have removed it from the fridge.
Checkout some mouth watering Paneer recipes here..
- Wheat Paneer Kulcha
- Paneer Pasanda
- Paneer Butter Masala (No Onion No Garlic )
- Malai Kofta
- Cheesy Paneer Paratha
and so many more….
Come back to this recipe , checkout the video recipe for Making perfect Homemade Paneer everytime you make.
- 2 lt Milk
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp Lemon juice / Vinegar or 1/4 cup Curd
Heat the milk and bring to a boil. stir occasionally so that the skin does not form on the surface.
When the milk becomes to rise and about to boil just switch off the gas. Stir for half a minute . Now, add the lemon juice or vinegar or curd. I used Lemon juice here. Always add acidic ingredient little by little.
The milk should begin to curdle. if the milk has not yet begun to curdle than add one more teaspoon. The milk should completely curdle. Stir the milk when its curdling so that the curdled milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
Immediately in a muslin or cotton kitchen napkin drain the curdled milk. keep a bowl or pan beneath the cloth. The collected whey can be added to chapatis or rice or veggies. you can also cool it and water your home or garden plants.
Bring the muslin or napkin together. Pour 1 one glass of fresh water on Paneer. This will remove the taste of Lemon from Paneer. whilst doing so you will also squeeze the curdled milk. take a plate and keep the muslin with the curdled milk on it. Place a heavy weight on top of it. I have used my stone mortar. One can use any heavy object.
After 50 to 60 minutes the paneer will be ready. Open the muslin, you will see a beautiful block of Cottage Cheese all set.
Chop paneer into any shapes or sizes you want.
Now , you have awesome homemade paneer which can be used in cubes or in different shapes and sizes to go with any of the indian curries or dishes.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂