Kadai Paneer | Dhaba Style Kadai Paneer recipe with step by step pictures and video recipe
Kadai Paneer curry is lovely combination of Cottage Cheese , Bell Peppers cooked in fresh fragrant Spicy spicemix. In this Dhaba style Kadai Paneer , we will make fresh and very aromatic Kadai Masala which the heart of this dish..
Kadai Masala, a spice mix which is popular in North Indian veg or non veg dishes specially in a restaurant...
For this recipe , I have used homemade fresh Paneer. You can check out the detailed recipe for that here…
Some useful Tips
- Always make fresh Kadai Masala for curry . Though you can store it in air tight container but fresh one gives the amazing aroma and taste in curry.
- Here , I have not blend onions after saute , as we in family loves this version. If you want smooth texture , one can blend once all spices are cooked. But , trust me try this version first
Checkout the video recipe for this delicious Kadai Paneer here.. Don’t forget to Subscribe my Youtube channel if not done yet.
Let’s checkout the detailed recipe ..
Serve : 4 to 5 persons
To make Kadai Masala
- 3 tbsp Dry Corrinader Seeds / Sukha Dhania
- 2 tbsp Cumin Seeds / Jeera
- 2 tbsp Black Peppercorn / Kali Mirch
- 8 to 10 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 tsp Oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 tsp finely chopped Garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Coriander Powder
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- Some finely chopped coriander
To saute vegetables
- 2 tsp Oil
- Handful Sliced Onions
- 1/4 cup Big pieces of Capsicums
- 250 gm Planeer
- Some Salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp grounded Kadai Masala
First , we will make the flavourful Kadai Masala . This spicemix , one can store but fresh grounded masala gives amazing taste and flavour to this curry.
To make Kadai Masala , we have to roast the ingredients mentioned below ‘ For Kadai Masala’. Roast Dry coriander seeds , cumin seeds , black pepper and red dry chillies. Roast together on a non stick pan on slow flame. While roasting make sure gas flame is slow. Over roasting may lead to bitter taste in curry. Roast till ingredients turns fregrant and crispy..
To make curry , heat Oil and Ghee in a wok. Once it’s hot enough , add a bay leaf , chopped garlic , onion and saute till it’s dne. Once onions starts changing colour, add some salt and red chilli powde. Mix well and quickly add chopped tomatoes.
Mix very well and cook till tomatoes are fully cooked. Add turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder . Allow it to cook for 7 to 8 minutes .
In another pan heat 1 tbsp Oil . Add layered onions , big pieces of capsicum Paneer pieces . Sprinkle some salt and so much of freshly grounded Kadai Masala.. Saute for a minute . Now mix this with sauted onion tomato and spices..
Now , also add 1/2 cup of water and crushed dry fenugreek leaves. Mix very well. But very gently. Authentic Kadai Paneer don’t have much gravy . So very less water is required in curry.
Garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
Serve hot with favourite flathead – Roti , Paratha, Naan etc.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂