How to make Gujarati Dalvada at home | Gujarati Dalwada recipe with written details and Video recipe..
Gujarati Dalwada is so addictive, tasty, easy and can be ready with just few basic ingredients. These Moong Dal Vada is crispy from outside and soft, spongy, fluffy from inside.
This Snack variety is best enjoyed with sliced Onions and Fried Green Chillies on the side with a hot cup of tea/ coffee. This makes a truly delicious snack / Appetizer for a rainy day or gathering or party or any occasion.
DalVada tastes amazing while serving Hot, it also tastes great at room temperature too. Though , it wont be so crispy by time but tastes will be amazing.
I have used IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL to fry Gujarati Dalvada . Using this traditional ,natural and pure groundnut oil gives pleasure and satisfaction towards health of my family. Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil is a heart friendly oil too. The high smoking point of groundnut oil makes it ideal for deep frying too. Click here to know more about Idhayam products.
This Moong Dal Vada is so popular as a street food in Gujarat, especially in Ahmedabad. You may find so many street vendors selling this Dalvada . People enjoy this snack with fried green chillies and sliced Onions. But to make them at home is so easy and trust me , the outcome will be same perfect crispy, soft, delicious , addictive Dalvada ..
Checkout the some delicious fritter varieties , which I have already posted on blog ..
Checkout Video recipe here….. https://youtu.be/X5pPWH1nkWM
Gujarati Dal Vada
Gujarati Dalwada is so addictive, tasty, easy and can be ready with just few basic ingredients. These Moong Dal Vada is crispy from outside and soft, spongy, fluffy from inside...
- Gujarati Dalwada is served with sliced Onions else its a No Onion No Garlic recipe.
- Soak Moong Dal for atleast 4 hours for best result.
- For Vatiation, grind some garlic clovs with Moong Dal.
- 1.5 cup Chilkewali Moong Dal
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies
- Ginger Piece
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Black Pepper , crushed
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- Oil, for frying
- Sliced Onions, for serving
- Fried Green Chillies, for serving
- Wash the dal under running water till water runs clear. Rinse them in a bowl 3-4 times or till the water is not cloudy anymore.
- Soak in enough water for 4 to 5 hours.
- After soaking time, you can noticed that most of the skin from Dal has comeoff.
- Drain the access water . Remove skin will float on water. One can discard them too.
- Take the drained dal in mixer jar. Add Green Chillies and Ginger .
- Without adding any water, grind thick coarse paste.
- Take the batter in bowl. Add salt, Hing, crushed black pepper, chopped coriander..
- Mix and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes. so the batter becomes airy, light and fluffy. This makes light and spongy dal vada without adding any baking soda.
- While you are stirring the batter, heat the oil for deep frying on medium heat. Once hot add a spoonful of batter by using a large spoon or your hand.
- Keep moving and frying till they are crispy and golden brown from all the sides. Remove it to a paper towel-lined plate and fry similarly rest of them.
- Serve Hot with friedChillies and sliced Onions.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.