Easy recipe for No Bake Swiss Roll | Swiss Roll made with Biscuits |No Bake Swiss Rolls with few common ingredients
These very easy and fuss free rolls are so delicious and can be prepared within couple of minutes . Just chill the roll for couple of hours , and you are done . It can be served as snacks or desserts or in lunch box of kids. This is a perfect example of No fire / No Cook recipe.
When we(me and my sister) were very young , my mom to used to make this roll . But that time , neither we were knowing the name of the dish nor we were worried about what it is called as. ..
Those memories are priceless. Coming back to the recipe, it’s very quick , easy roll recipe.
Generally, Swiss roll is made out of sheet cake or leftover crumbles of cake. Stuffing will be whipped cream, wrap the roll and freeze for couple of hours. Slice and enjoy,, it tastes amazing. But what about the case when we don’t have Sheet Cake or leftover cake?
For such time, try this No Bake Swiss Roll. Quick , easy and fuss free recipe for a perfect snack or dessert.
Some Important Notes ::
- I have used Parle G . Other biscuits like Marie, Digestive or any tea biscuits can be used.
- Instead of cocoa powder , chocolate syrup can be used too. In that case , don’t use powdered sugar too.
- Some finely chopped or crushed dry fruits can be added too.
- Store in refrigerator . It can be stored for couple of weeks.
Checkout the video recipe for No Bake Swiss Rolls here…
Recipe Card for No Bake Swiss Roll
No Bake Swiss Roll
Easy Fuss free No Bake Swiss Roll made with Parle G biscuits and dessicated coconut
For Chocolate Layer
- 200 gm Parle G biscuits
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Instant Coffee powder
- 1/4 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk ( use as needed )
- 1 tsp Butter
For White Layer
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 3 to 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Butter
- Take 200gm Parle G biscuits , grind into smooth powder..
- Add Cocoa Powder, Powdered Sugar and Instant Coffee Powder .
- Mix well . Add milk spoon by spoon . Knead soft dough.
- Add butter and knead again ..
- Now, let’s prepare stuffing. Take desiccated coconut in a bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cardamom powder . Add 3 to 4 tbsp milk . Make moist stuffing. (If stuffing is dry, stuffing may fall off while slicing )..
- Now, we have dough and stuffing both ready. It’s assemble time.
- Grease parchment paper or aluminium foil with butter or ghee.
- Roll the dough using rolling pin. Try to shape square or rectangular..
- Spread coconut mixture evenly on the rolled dough. Press gently so it sticks well with dough.
- Fold the dough and make a tight roll. Make sure stuffing don’t come out.
- Wrap the log properly , also seal the edges. Keep in refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Take out the log from refrigerator once it’s firm and set. Cut into equal sized round slices.
- Serve chilled as a snack or dessert.
- Marie, digestive biscuits or any other tea biscuits can be used.
- Instead of biscuits, left over cake can be used too.
- Instead of Cocoa powder, Chocolate Syrup can be used.
- Condensed milk can be used too.
- Chopped or crushed dry fruits can be added too.
- Store in sir tight container in freeze.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂