Make easy and quick Dry Peanut Chutney with all details , written and video recipe | No Garlic Chutney recipe
It’s a no fuss chutney recipe which is very easy and straight forward. This simple dry chutney is full of flavours . Peanut Chutney is usually made with Peanuts, Garlic and other spices. Here , I am sharing my version (No Garlic) for the same.
This dry chutney can be served with Paratha, Roti , Idli, dosa etc. It tastes amazing with Khakhra..
I am sharing this quick, easy and very tasty DRY PEANUT CHUTNEY as my entry to Healthy Wellthy Cuisines , a bloggers FB group , under the theme of #GoNutsForPeanutsAtHW . This time theme was suggested by a dear friend and wonderful blogger Jayashree Trao. Who blogs at Evergreendishes.com.. She is not only wonderful blogger but also author of cookery E-Books and very talented Poetess too.
Do checkout her blog for wonderful dishes..
Please check the amazing entries from other bloggers for the same theme..
- Corn Peanut Chaat by Swaty
- Eggless Peanut Cookies by Sasmita
- Shengdanyachi Chutney by Poonam
- Peanut chaat with raw mangoes by Sujata
- No Fry Masala Peanuts by Vanitha
- Peanut Curd by Jayashree
- Peanut chaat by Shalu
Coming back to recipe, let’s checkout Few Points to follow while making DRY PEANUT CHUTNEY ..
- Roast nuts on slowest flame.
- Adding Sugar is purely optional but highly recommended.
- If wanna add garlic then roast little and then crush along with peanuts.
- Always grind in PULSE method.
- Grind into coarse Chutney..
Checkout the Video recipe here
Recipe Card for Dry Peanut Chutney
Dry Peanut Chutney (without Garlic)
Quick, Easy and very delicious Dry Peanut Chutney -without Garlic. Can be stored for months
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 2/3 cup Dried Coconut
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt , as per taste
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Sugar (optional)
- First, we have to roast peanuts on slow flame. Keep stirring on regular intervals for even roasting . Roast till crispy.. keep aside.
- In same wok, roast dry coconut . Roast on slow flame. Roast till coconut turns crispy. Keep stirring as coconut may burn soon. Keep aside when done.
- Roast Sesame seeds on slow flame. It will roast very fast. Add 1 tsp cumin seeds with sesame seeds . Roast both seeds well. Keep stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame when cumin seeds starts changing colour and sesame seeds starts popping up
- Remove the skin of peanuts by rubbing them between the palms . Skin will come out so easily as it’s fully roasted .
- Now , in mixer grinder take peanuts, sesame seeds, coconut and cumin seeds. Add salt, sugar, asafoetida and red chilli powder.
- Preferably use Kashmiri Chilli Powder for lovely colour. Or use Baydagi Chilli powder or mix some spicy chilli powder to make this dry chutney more spicy.
- Blend coarsely with PULSE method. If you grind continuously , all main ingredients (peanuts, sesame seeds and coconut) will release oil .
- Dry Peanut Chutney is ready…
- Store in a air tight container for months.
- Enjoy this dry chutney with Khakhra, Paratha, Idli, Dosa etc.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂