Kada Prasad Recipe | Aata Halwa Recipe | How to make Kadah Prasad at home
Kadah Prasad (Aate ka Halwa) is a smooth, soft, velvety and rich halwa made with whole wheat flour (atta). One of the delicacies that is served in Gurudwara (Sikh Temples) as a prasad is this super delicious halwa known as Kada Prashad.
Kada prasad or karah parshad is a blessing in itself. It is distributed to all, signifying all humans were created equal. It is a simple wheat flour pudding.
The original Kada Prasad recipe which is served in Gurudwara does not have any nuts and cardamom powder in it. However, you may add sliced almonds for garnish when making aate ka halwa at home.
Let’s checkout the detailed Video Recipe for Kada Prasad..
Checkout the written recipe…
Kada Prasad Recipe | Atta Halwa Recipe | Gurudwara Prasad
- Dry Fruits and Cardamom powder is not used in Gurudwara Prasad. One can add as per taste
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Ghee /Clarified Butter
- 2 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Chopped Dry Fruits (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder (optional)
- Heat Ghee in a Kadai. Once its melted fully, add Wheat Flour.
- Roast on Slow flame . Stir continuously. Roast till flour is little dark in colour.
- Ghee and flour mixture will smell so good once flour is roasted.
- Same time add 2 cups of Hot Water on slow flame. At time of adding water, stir the flour mixture continuously else lumps may form.
- cook for more a minute, and then add sugar into it. Mix well.
- After adding sugar, cook the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. Ghee will be seperated nicely.
- For prasad, any nuts are not added. If making normally at home, add cardamom powder and Almond slivers
Also checkout the recipe for Wheat Flour with Jaggery ..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 😊😊