Til Gud Ladoo Recipe | Sesame Jaggery Ladoo | Winter Special Healthy Ladoo Recipe
Til Gud ladoo or Sesame Jaggery ladoos are traditional Indian sweet balls made with sesame seeds, jaggery and cardamom powder. These sweet balls not only taste delicious with a nutty aroma but are also rich in iron & calcium. Sesame ladoos are known by different names – til ladoo, ellu urundai, ellu unde or nuvvula undalu.
Til laddu is a delightfully rich dessert with earthy sesame seeds and buttery rich jaggery. This quick recipe uses grated jaggery and easy steps to achieve the authentic flavors of Maharashtrian “Tila che ladoo”.
The Harvest festival of Makar Sankrant is celebrated during the month of January in Western India. It is also celebrated as “Pongal” in South India, “Lohri” in North India, and “Bihu” in East India.
A traditional recipe from Western India, Til Laddu is also known as “Tila che ladoo”, “Til Ke Laddu ” or “Til Gud Ladoo” and is a must during Winters and the festival of Sankrant.A
Also checkout one more amazing recipe of Sesame Seeds and Jaggery – Til Chikki
Both sesame seeds and jaggery are good sources of energy. Sesame seeds are a good source of healthy fats, proteins, calcium, and fiber. Sesame seeds and jaggery are both rich in iron, magnesium, and potassium that help boost energy levels. With all of these health benefits, Til Ladoos are a must in the winter months when our body craves that extra energy.
Let’s checkout the detailed Video Recipe..
Now, Lets checkout the written recipe …
Til Gud Ladoo
Til Gud Ladoo | Easy Til Gud Laddu Recipe
- Use Same cup to measure Sesame Seeds and Jaggery.
- Roast Sesame Seeds on slow flame and stir continuously while roasting.
- Use Mixer Grinder or Food Processor to coarsely crush the sesame seeds.
- Adding Cardamom powder is optional but it enhances the taste of Ladoo.
- 1 cup Sesame Seeds /Til
- 1/4 cup roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup Jaggery / Gud
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 4 to 5 tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Dry Roast sesame seeds on low flame. Stir continuosly to avoid burning .
- Once sesame turns roasted, it will very fragrant. Keep aside and allow it to cool for a while.
- Take out 2 tbsp sesame and keep aside .
- In a food processor or a mixer grinder coarsely crush sesame seeds and roasted peanuts.
- Don’t over grind as Oil may be released from Sesame nuts and peanuts. Keep aside the coarsely grinded mixture ..
- In same jar, Grind Jaggery till it turns soft and sticky. One can use Jaggery Powder too.
- Mix this Jaggery with crushed sesame. Also add uncrushed sesame seeds (which we kept aside) and Cardamom powder.
- Add hot Ghee into it. Mix well with hands. Form medium sized Ladoos.
- If you find, mixture little dry – add 2 tsp hot Ghee into it and then make ladoos.
- Store in a jar and it stays fresh for couple of weeks.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 😊😊