Til Chikki Recipe | Makar Sankranti Special Til Gud Chikki Recipe | How to make thin and crispy Til Chikki at home |Til Hakak |Sesame Chikki Recipe with details and video recipe
Chikki recipes are Always very tempting and can be made with variety of steeds and nuts..
Til Chikki is one such easy and lip smacking option.. Chilli is a traditional Indian recipe which is very popular dish during Makar Sankranti Or Lohri Festival or even for daily carving of sweets. Sharing here all the tips and tricks for make thin and crispy Til Chikki.
**Don’t forget to checkout notes , mentioned in recipe card.
Checkout the Video Recipe here…
Recipe Card for Til Chikki
Crispy, Crunchy , Melt In Mouth, Healthy and very tasty Til Chikki and need only 3 ingredients to make..
- 1 tsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- 1 cup White Sesame Seeds
- 1 cup Jaggery
- In a pan, dry roast Sesame Seeds on slow flame. Stir frequently and roast for 4 to 5 minutes on slow flame.
- To make Chikki crispy and thin, roasting sesame seeds is very important . Even little moisture of sesame seeds, can ruin the Chikki taste.
- Once seeds starts crackling , switch off the gas and stir for more few seconds . Keep aside.
- Before proceeding grease kitchen top or a broad wooden chopping board With some Ghee or Oil.
- Heat a deep non stick pan with Ghee / Clarified Butter.
- Add chopped Jaggery . Cook on slow flame while stirring continuously.. once you start cooking jaggery , don’t leave it unattended..
- Keep stirring and cook for 2 to 3 times on slow flame. Melted jaggery will be forthy and little dark in colour too.
- Drop few drops of jaggery in a bowl filled with water. Let it cool for few seconds . Later check, it that breaks easily Jaggery Syrup is ready .
- But if syrup is sticky and chewy , cook for more a minute .
- Cooking Jaggery Syrup is main aspect of Chikki, so be patience and careful while making it .
- Once Jaggery Syrup is ready , add roasted Sesame Seeds and switch off the flame.
- Stir quickly and make sure , each Sesame seed is very well coated with Jaggery Syrup.
- This mixture will set very fast , so be really quick , once syrup is ready..
- Transfer the mixture on greased surface .
- Immediately start tapping with greased katori or some wooden surface..
- As far as mixture is hot , one can spread it , then it wont be possible to roll it thin.
- Roll as thin as possible with greased rolling pin. Be quick while rolling the mixture.
- With a sharp knife make cut for desired shape- square, rectangle or diamond.
- Allow it cool completely for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into shape . Store in an air tight container …
- To avoid the sticking of chikki pieces , place a butter paper or a piece of plastic between chikki pieces..
- One can use even Black Sesame Seeds to make Chikki or even white and black both can be combined too.
- Final colour of Chikki is depending on colour of jaggery. Kolhapuri Jaggery is ideal to make Chikki.
- Cooking Jaggery Syrup properly is very important so be careful..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂