Sev Roll Recipe | Vermicelli Potato Cutlet | Potato Roll Recipe with written and video recipe.
I have made this very tasty Gujarati sev Roll with IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL. Using this traditional , unrefined ,natural and pure groundnut oil gives pleasure and satisfaction towards health of my family. Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil is a heart friendly oil too. The high smoking point of groundnut oil makes it ideal for deep frying.
Click here to know more about Idhayam products.
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Sev Roll
Crispy outer layer & soft from innerside , This Sev Roll is a great option to serve with meal or as a starter or snacks.
- 4 medium sized Potatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh Coriander Leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- Juice of Half Lemon
- 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs or Flattened Rice (Poha)
- Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil
- 1 cup Vermicelli
- 2 tsp Maida ( All Purpose Flour)
- 2 tsp Corn Flour
- Boil potatoes with little salt. Peel and Keep aside for atleast 3 hours or till cooled completely.
- Grate all the potatoes. Grating potatoes will make for smooth mixture without any chunks.
- Add chopped coriander, salt, ginger chilli paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, chaat masala, sugar and lemon juice.
- With greased hands , give shape of rolls. Generally , this Sev Rolls are big in size , but my little one loves the small sized rolls too.
- In bowl , take Maida and corn flour . Sprinkle little salt . Add water little by little and make thin paste . If corn flour is not available, increase the maida quantity.
- Dip each roll one by one and then immediately coat with vermicelli…
- With soft hands , give shape properly.
- Keep this vermicelli coated potatoe rolls in refrigerator for 20 minutes. This coated rolls can be stored in refrigerator for a day or two..
- Heat Oil in a pan. Once oil is hot. Slowdown the flame and add 3 or 4 rolls at a time. Don’t over crowd.
- After few seconds , try to change the sides and increase the flame a little.
- Fry till golden and crispy.
- Take out the crispy rolls and keep on oil absorbent paper to remove access oil.
- Serve hot with Coriander Chutney , Tomato Sauce or Tamarind Sweet Chutney ..
- Always boil potatoes in advance . Hot potatoes won’t give perfect texture .
- Spices quantity can be adjusted as per taste.
- Maida + Cornflour slury consistency should be thin.
- Coating with vermicelli will give lovely crispy crunchy outer layer.
- One can just coat with bread crumbs and make cutlets also with same stuffing ..
- Fry on medium flame. Slow flame frying may cause soggy oily rolls.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected wit ygh me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
2 thoughts on “Sev Roll”
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you so much dear
LikeLiked by 1 person