Matar Ka Nimona recipe | Vegan, Easy to prepare, UP style Matar Ka Nimona recipe
Matar ka Nimona is a very Popular Dish from Uttar Pradesh . It’s a gravy dish , mainly prepared with Fresh Green Peas. Very simple and easy to make yet very very delicious.
Matar Ka Nimona tastes best with Fresh Green Peas , so mainly prepared in Winter season when fresh Green Peas are loaded in markets.
Though , Matar ka Nimona can be made with frozen green peas too.
I have made this very tasty Matar Ka Nimoma with IDHAYAM HARDIL KACHI GHANI MUSTARD OIL
Checkout my other Matar recipes from blog ..
Checkout the Video recipe for Matar ka Nimona here…
Matar ka Nimona
An easy to prepare, very popular, UP style Matar ka Nimona , a perfect dish for this season
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies, chopped
- 3 +2 tbsp Idhayam Hardil Mustard Oil
- 1 cup cubed Potatoes
- 1 tbsp crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1/4 cup chopped Coriander
- In grinder jar, take 1 cup Fresh Green Peas.
- Grind into a coarse paste. Don’t add any water while grinding . Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 3 tbsp Idhayam Hardil Mustard Oil till it begins to smoke.
- Add cubed potatoes. Saute on low to medium flame. Saute till potatoes are golden .
- Remove on kitchen paper and keep aside.
- In same pan, add 2 tsp more oil. Add cumin seeds . Let cumin seeds splutter ..
- Add crushed Garlic . Saute and then add chopped Onions. Mix well and begin to saute stirring often.
- Add chopped Tomatoes . Mix well and cook till Oil starts separate .
- Tomatoes will be fully cooked and mashy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder ..
- Mix all the spices well with Onion Tomato Mixture .
- Now add , coarsely grounded Green Peas ..
- Saute for 2 to 3 minutes on medium flame. Add 1 tsp Ginger Chilli Paste . Saute.
- Add 1.5 cup to 2 cups of water. Stir well , cover and cook till green peas cook completely .
- Adjust Salt and spices as per taste.
- Add crispy roasted potatoes and chopped coriander. Some lemon juice also can be added as per taste.
- The consistency of Nimona is like semi thick gravy curry. If you like it thin / watery, add some more water to the dish.
- Serve hot with Roti, Paratha or Steamed Rice..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂