How to make Matar Paneer at home | Easy and Quick Matar Paneer recipe with all details and written recipe |
Matar Paneer is very Popular Classic Vegetarian North Indian Curry Dish , made with mainly Green Peas and Cottage Cheese ( Paneer ). Tastes best with Roti, Paratha, Naan, Jeera Rice or Steamed Rice. There are number of variations to make this curry, here I am sharing the easiest version ..
The recipe which I am sharing here is my home recipe, it may not be traditional or restaurant style but take my words , result will be super amazing taste with minimum efforts…
I have made this very tasty Matar Paneer with IDHAYAM HARDIL KACHI GHANI MUSTARD OIL. The high smoking point of mustard oil makes it ideal for deep frying. Click here to know more about Idhayam products.
Why Mustard Oil ?? Mustard oil is beneficial in digestion, fighting infection, boost immunity, cure cold, nourish skin and hair, improve health and a lot more .
Because of Anti-Aging properties, Mustard Oil is also used for body massage to relieve pain, muscular stress improve skin texture and blood circulation. Mustard Oil can act as a skin antioxidant and can remove tan and dark spots as well as lighten the skin..
Let’s checkout the easy and quick recipe for delicious Matar Paneer..
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Quick, Very easy and perfect recipe for Matar Paneer.
To make paste
- 3 medium sized Onions, roughly chopped
- 3 medium sized Tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 2 to 3 Kashmiri Dry Chilli
- 10 to 12 pcs Cashew Nuts
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 300 gm fresh Cottage Cheese/ Paneer
- 2/3 cup Green Peas/ Matar
- 5 to 6 tbsp Idhayam Hardil Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil Or any Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Butter , to roast Paneer
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 pc Cinnamon
- 1 Pc Bayleaf
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 t bsp Kasuri Methi / Dry Fenugreek Leaves
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh Cream , optional
- In a grinder jar take tomatoes, onions,garlic,ginger,cashew,dry chilli and cumin seeds.
- Grind smooth. Paste should be real smooth. There is No need to add water.still if needed, add 1 or 2 tsp only.
- Heat Oil in a pan.
- Add Cinnamon and bayleaf. Add Hing and then add grounded paste.
- Sprinkle some salt . Cover the pan and cook till oil seperates.
- Later, add greenpeas & some water and again cook for 4 to 5 mins with lid closed.
- Other side, let’s Cut Fresh Paneer into small cubes.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Butter. Add Paneer , saute on medium flame till edges gets crispy. Also add a green chilli – cut into slits into it.
- Turn the side and cook Paneer again.
- By now, greenpeas must be ready. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Add sauted Paneer (with that butter in pan 😋😋), crushed Kasuri Methi and fresh Coriander.
- Mix. If needed add some water . Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with Roti, Paratha, Naan, Jeera Rice or steamed Rice.
- One can garnish the curry with some fresh cream too.
- Spices can be adjusted as per taste.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
2 thoughts on “Matar Paneer”
This looks so delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much dear