How to make healthy Muthiya at home| Gujarati Muthiya Recipe
Muthiya is a Gujarati Savoury Steamed Dumplings made with lots of green and leafy vegetables . It’s very healthy vegetarian snacks variety which is so tasty and very flavourful. One can enjoy this snack with or without tempering even..
Muthiyas are among the most popular and healthy snacks as they are made with lots of vegetable and an assortment of flours and very little oil is used for tempering.
There are many versions of making muthiya and you can use any vegetable like greens, gourds, or any combination of vegetables of your choice to make muthiya..
Checkout the Easy video recipe for Gujarati Muthiya
Recipe Card for Easy Muthiya
Healthy, Tasty, very Flavourful vegetarian steamed snack variety which can be served with tea or even with meal..
- 1 cup Fresh Fenugreek Leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Drumstick Leaves, chopped
- 2/3 cup Fresh Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 1 cup Bottle Gourd, grated
- 1 cup cooked Rice
- 1 tbsp Chilli Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Wheat Flour (coarse)
- 1 cup Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 4 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies, slit
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- First of all , grate the bottle gourd. Grate thin.
- Squeeze out the access water from grated bottle gourd .
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves, chopped Moringa/ drumstick leaves, chopped coriander leaves.
- Also add leftover cooked rice, ginger chilli paste, baking soda, lemon juice, Sugar, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and 1 tbsp Oil.
- The quantity of sugar is totally depended on your choice. But it’s highly recommended to add sugar into Muthiya, as it balance the taste.
- Add coarse wheat flour and gram flour. If coarse wheat is not available , just add 3 to 4 tbsp Semolina.
- Mix everything well and form a dough. You don’t require water , as all veggies will leave water and that would be enough to form dough like …
- Grease the hands and make cylinder shape rolls. Keep aside.
- Heat the steamer with some water. Grease the plate. Keep all rolls on it. Close the lid and cook for 20 to 25 minutes on medium flame.
- Later, open the lid and check if muthiya is done or not. To check, insert a knife in muthiya, if knife comes out clean means muthiya is ready. But if it looks uncooked, cook for more 5 minutes.
- Allow it too cool completely. Later, cut them into medium thick slices.
- One can serve this steam muthiya too with some ground nut oil and Pickle Masala.. It also tastes amazing.
- To make it more flavourful, we will temper this Muthiya. To temper , heat Oil.
- Add Mustard seeds, Cumin Seeds, Sesame seeds , few curry leaves, green chillies … Roast for few seconds.
- Add asafoetida and muthiya .. Mix well and roast for few minutes on medium flame. Muthiya will turn crispy .
- Serve hot with Tea/Coffee as a snack Or serve with Meal.
- If coarse wheat flour is not available, use fine /regular flour . Just add 2 to 3 tbsp Semolina / Rava .
- One can add any vegetable like carrots, cabbage, spinach, cauliflower, etc.
- One can add some crushed Garlic too in Muthiya dough.
- Muthiya can also be made only with cooked rice or with grated bottle gourd .
- Spice level can be adjusted as per your choice.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂