Easy and quick Carrot Chilly Pickle !! This Crunchy Pickle is made with Fresh Carrots, chillies and Flavoured with aromatic Indian Spices. So fresh , fragrant and Delicious !!!!
Regular readers of Ruchi’sVegKitchen , must be aware about my love for Pickles. One can checkout some varieties of Pickles which I have already posted on blog.
Hope you will love these collection of exotic pickles 😍😍😍😀😀😀😀
About today’s post… Carrot Chilli Pickle was in mind since so long. As Red Carrots are in season , perfect time to make this yummy pickle .. Though one can use any carrots but Red Carrots will taste the Best.
Adjust the spice level as per taste.
Vegetable oil can be used a substitute to Mustard oil. But my personal experience says pickles made with mustard oil gives amazing taste.
Checkout the Video recipe for this mouthwatering pickle
Below points are compulsory to follow while making pickle..
- All the vegetables using in pickle must be dried fully, without any moisture left.
- Always use clean and dry jars to store pickles.
- Hygiene and cleanliness is very important while making a pickle.
- Pickles should remain covered in oil at all times. Less oil could cause the pickle to go rancid .
- Oil acts as a preservative and allows the pickle to be stored for a longer period of time at room temperature.
Checkout the video tutorial for the Carrot Chilly Pickle
- 400 gms Carrots
- 100 gms Chillies
- 2.5 tbsp Mustard seeds splits ( Rai Kuria)
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds Splits (Methi Kuria )
- 2.5 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp crushed Fennel seeds
- 2 tsp Salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 cup Oil
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
Wash and clean carrots and chilies.
Allow the veggies to air dry for 30 to 40 or more. Make sure no moisture is there..
Slice them lengthwise. I have de-seeded chillies. If you want , you can keep it.
Grind Rai Kuria and Methi Kuria coarsely. No need to make fine powder.
Heat oil in a pan.
Add grinded Kuria mix to the hot oil. Then add Crushed Fennel Seeds. Mix and allow the mix to sizzle for few seconds . Now add Asafoetida and red chilli powder.
Add sliced carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame until soft. Take the pan off the flame.
Add Chillies, Black Salt ,Salt and Vinegar. Please do not skip vinegar. It’s used as a preservative and flavoring agent in pickle. One can add some Lemon juice too .
And mix until well blended. Adjust seasonings and mix again.
Cover the pan and let it sit for 20 -30 minutes.
Transfer the achar to a clean jar once cooled completely . If needed, heat more oil and pour over the pickle (Highly recommended). Pickle needs to be covered in oil at all times.
Pickle will be ready to use after a day or two.. Stays fresh for 2 to 3 months at room temperature.
I am sure you all will love this spicy , tangy , flavourful pickle. Please do try and share feedback too.
Till time , take care
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂