Amritsari kulcha | Aloo kulcha, a typical punjabi cuisine indian flat bread recipe prepared with all purpose flour / Maida with potato stuffing. Amritsari Naan or Kulcha is typically baked in indian tandoor oven but here I will show you the easiest method of using tawa on stove top.
Aloo Kulcha a popular naan bread recipe from indian cuisine which is typically served with Chhole or Chana masala. One can also serve this delicious Kulcha with Curd, Raita , Pickle any Paneer curry or Daal Makhni….
- I have kneaded the dough with luke warm water, however even warm milk can be used. This would result in a soft and layered Kulcha.
- Always apply water to backside of Kulcha before heating it on tawa or oven.
- One can also add grated Paneer (Cottage Cheese ) to potato stuffing. Or even the potato stuffing can be completely ignored and you can prepare plain Kulcha ..
Checkout the Video recipe for Amritsari Kulcha …
INGREDIENTS : (1 cup = 250 ML)
To prepare Dough:
- 2 cups Maida / All-purpose flour / Refined flour / Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Curd / Yogurt Fresh Thick
- 2 tsp Ghee
- luke water as required to knead
For potato stuffing:
- 4 large potato boiled and peeled
- 2-3 Green Chili , chopped
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder / Lal Mirch Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 inch ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder / Aamchur
- 1 tbsp Dry Coriander Seeds, coarse
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper, coarse
- 1/2 tsp Carrom seeds / Ajwain
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds / til
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Ghee ( clarified butter) or butter
Knead the dough for 10 minutes with ingredients listed for dough.
cover with a moist cloth and rest for 2 to 3 hours in warm place.
meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. In a mixing bowl prepare stuffing mixing the ingredients listed for stuffing.
Once dough is ready, spread a little and apply 1 tbsp butter. Make folds and make layers. Dont use much butter as it will make dough more soft.
Later pinch a ball sized dough.
and roll to a circular disk and place aloo stuffing in the centre.
Take the edge and start pleating bringing to centre.
Gently roll to round or oval shape using rolling pin or by pressing with fingures. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and corriander leaves .
Apply some water on kulcha. slowly flip over and put it on hot tawa and press gently.
after a minute, flip the tawa upside down and cook kulcha directly on flame till they turn golden brown
Finally, spread some more Ghee or butter and serve aloo kulcha hot.
Hope you all will enjoy this Kulcha. Do try and don’t forget share with me..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂