Methi Bajri Vada Recipe / Pearl Millet Flour Fritters / Gujarati Methi Bajri na Vada recipe with written details and video recipe
Adding Methi Leaves is optional , but it tastes really great. One can add some chopped Coriander too or even plain Vada can also be made …
If you like soft and chewy Bajri Vada, add less quantity of Oil while kneading dough. Next day Vada will be soft . With mentioned measurement , Vada will remain crispy even next day.
I have made this very tasty Methi Bajri Na Vada with IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL. Using this traditional , unrefined ,natural and pure groundnut oil gives pleasure and satisfaction towards health of my family. Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil is a heart friendly oil too. The high smoking point of groundnut oil makes it ideal for deep frying.
Click here to know more about Idhayam products.
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Methi Bajri Vada
Methi Bajri Vada
- 1/2 cup Curd (Preferably little sour)
- 3 tbsp chopped Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds , some more for Garnishing
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2.5 cups (500gm) Bajri flour
- Oil for frying
- First of all, mix curd and chopped jaggery. Jaggery will be very soft and will be easy to mix in flour.
- In a broad plate, take finally chopped Fenugreek Leaves. Add Sesame Seeds, Ginger Chilli Paste, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Hing and Oil.
- Also add Curd+jaggery mixture .
- Now add Wheat flour and Bajri (Pearl Millet) Flour.. Mix everything well. Add water little by little and knead soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside this dough for at least 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Later, add few drops of oil and knead the dough little.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- One can give vada shape through fingers also.
- My mom use to make this shape in easy way. Spread a wet cloth on chopping board . Keep dough balls on it.
- With wet fingers the flatten the balls. It’s damn easy to do it.
- Sprinkle some Sesame Seeds over it. Press it little so sesame seeds won’t fall apart.
- Heat IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL .
- Once oil is piping hot, slow the flame.
- Add few vadas to hot it. Don’t overcrowd.
- Fry on slow to medium flame till crispy.
- Stir frequently to cook evenly.
- Fry till crispy and dark in colour.
- Drain and Keep on oil absorbent paper to remove access oil of any.
- Store in air tight container once cooled.
- Methi Bajri Vada stays fresh for 5 to 7 days (at my home , it’s vanish in just a single day 🤣🤣).
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Tea/ Coffee..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂