Methi Bajri Vada Recipe / Pearl Millet Flour Fritters / Gujarati Methi Bajri na Vada recipe with written details and video recipe
Adding Methi Leaves is optional , but it tastes really great. One can add some chopped Coriander too or even plain Vada can also be made …
If you like soft and chewy Bajri Vada, add less quantity of Oil while kneading dough. Next day Vada will be soft . With mentioned measurement , Vada will remain crispy even next day.
I have made this very tasty Methi Bajri Na Vada with IDHAYAM GROUNDNUT OIL
Checkout the Video recipe here..
Recipe Card for Methi Bajri Vada
Methi Bajri Vada
- 1/2 cup Curd (Preferably little sour)
- 3 tbsp chopped Jaggery
- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds , some more for Garnishing
- 1.5 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2.5 cups (500gm) Bajri flour
- Oil for frying
- First of all, mix curd and chopped jaggery. Jaggery will be very soft and will be easy to mix in flour.
- In a broad plate, take finally chopped Fenugreek Leaves. Add Sesame Seeds, Ginger Chilli Paste, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Hing and Oil.
- Also add Curd+jaggery mixture .
- Now add Wheat flour and Bajri (Pearl Millet) Flour.. Mix everything well. Add water little by little and knead soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside this dough for at least 1.5 hours to 2 hours.
- Later, add few drops of oil and knead the dough little.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- One can give vada shape through fingers also.
- My mom use to make this shape in easy way. Spread a wet cloth on chopping board . Keep dough balls on it.
- With wet fingers the flatten the balls. It’s damn easy to do it.
- Sprinkle some Sesame Seeds over it. Press it little so sesame seeds won’t fall apart.
- Heat IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL .
- Once oil is piping hot, slow the flame.
- Add few vadas to hot it. Don’t overcrowd.
- Fry on slow to medium flame till crispy.
- Stir frequently to cook evenly.
- Fry till crispy and dark in colour.
- Drain and Keep on oil absorbent paper to remove access oil of any.
- Store in air tight container once cooled.
- Methi Bajri Vada stays fresh for 5 to 7 days (at my home , it’s vanish in just a single day 🤣🤣).
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Tea/ Coffee..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂