Spicy baby potatoes recipe| How to make Masala Baby Potatoes at home | Baby Potato Fry recipe | Easy and Quick Baby Potatoes recipe with all details and video recipe
Spicy Baby Potatoes , it’s an easy and simple roasted recipe made with baby potatoes and basic spices. It’s an ideal recipe , to serve as a starter, side dish with flat bread or to any rice based recipes. This is very simple and quick recipe to make without much hassle and can be finished with all the basic ingredients available in kitchen.
Check out the Video Recipe here..
Spicy Baby Potatoes
Spicy , Delicious, Quick and very Easy Baby Potatoes are perfect vegetarian side dish which can be served as snack or starter. It also tastes great with some hot paratha or roti and bowl of chilled curd.
For spice mix,
- 1 tbsp Dry Coriander Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 3 to 4 Dry Red Chillies
- 500 gm Baby Potatoes
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Chilli Ginger Paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander cumin powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- Some chopped coriander
- Wash and clean baby potatoes .
- Prick them using fork .
- Add salt and water along with pricked baby potatoes in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles on medium flame.
- Once cooled , peel them and keep aside.
- To make spice mix, roast Dry Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds and Fennel Seeds till fragrant.
- Allow it to cool a little bit .
- Grind into fine powder.
- In a Kadai, heat Oil.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, sesame seeds and few curry leaves . Roast for few seconds.
- Add asafoetida / hing and add boiled potatoes.
- Add Ginger chilli paste, salt and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and roast till crispy on slow to medium flame .
- Now add , grinded powder , coriander powder and red chilli powder .
- Coat well. Add some tamarind water. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve as a starter , snack or as a sid dish .
- If baby potatoes are not available , you can chop the regular sized potatoes into big chunks and use it.
- Don’t cook the potatoes for too long, it will turn mashy .
- Baby Potatoes should be spicy and tangy .
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂