How to make Perfect delicious Raw Mango Thokku / Manga Thokku / Raw Mango Chutney at home . Mango Thokku can be easily prepared within 20 minutes.
It’s much awaited recipe to share here on blog. This south indian speciality of Pickle/ Chutney is so quick, tangy, spicy and very delicious. This spicy mango pickle/ chutney can be served with Idli, Dosa , Hot Steamed Rice, Curd Rice, Parathas. You can store this pickle upto 10-12 days in refrigerator.
Mango Thokku is prepared with Raw Mangoes, basic spices which are readily available in kitchen and fenugreek powder.
One more easiest pickle variety from South India . One can checkout Instant Mango Pickle, it’s also very easy to prepare and quick. . Checkout some very exotic and tongue tickling pickle recipe which I have already added on blog.
In Chennai , generally we get raw mangoes throughout the whole year.. Though this mangoes are not very sour but it has amazing taste.
I am sharing this quick, easy and very tasty MANGO THOKKU as my entry to Healthy Wellthy Cuisines , a bloggers FB group , under the theme of #TangoWithMango . This time theme was suggested by a dear friend and wonder blogger Narmadha , who blogs at www.namscorner.com . Do checkout her blog for wonderful dishes..
Coming back to this recipe, let’s checkout the detailed recipe…
Recipe Card for Mango Thokku / Manga Thokku
Mango Thokku / Manga Thokku
Tangy, Tasty, Spicy, Quick and very Delicious Raw Mango Thokku / Mango Pickle. It can be stored for couple of days in refrigerator. Mango Thokku can be served with Idli, Dosa, Curd Rice, Hot Steamed Rice or Parathas...
- 2 Raw Mangoes
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt , as per taste
- 3 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tbsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Jaggery
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tsp Oil
- 2 or 3 Red Dry Chillies
- Few curry leaves
- Dry roast fenugreek seeds in a pan. Roast on slow flame till it gets aromatic.
- Switch off the flame and allow it cool a bit.
- Grind roasted fenugreek seeds into fine powder. Keep aside.
- Wash and pet dry the mangoes.
- Peel and grate them. Discard the seeds.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds. When they crackled fully, add some curry leaves and grated mangoes.
- On medium flame, toss well. Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or till mangoes are fully cooked.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder and Jaggey powder . Mix well .
- Cook on slow flame till oil starts oozing out.
- Add 1.5 tbsp roasted methi powder . Mix well and immediately switch off the gas.
- In a small pan , heat 1 tsp oil. Add 2 or 3 red dry chillies, broken. Add few curry leaves.
- Add this temper on pickle. Mix well.
- Allow it to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container . Keep in refrigerator for long shelf life.
- Choose mangoes which are raw and firm .
- Roasted Fenugreek powder , can be stored in an air tight container for future use.
- Jaggery will give balance to the sour taste. Don’t avoid.
- Store in refrigerator for long shelf life.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂