How to make perfect sandwich dhokla from leftover Idli Batter. Soft, Spongy, Tangy and very delicious Sandwich Dhokla recipe , ready in 30 minutes….
Sandwich Dhokla , a quick and very delicious snack variety, specialty of Gujarat. Now, sandwich dhokla is very very popular all over India and worldwide too. There are so many types and versions and variations of making dhoklas. They can be made with Gram flour, Semolina, Mixed Grains, Lentil and Rice and many more combinations.
This is a favorite snack of my family so I often make different versions. Need a quick recipe for breakfast, snacks or for any party or potluck then must try this Sandwich Dhokla..
This Sandwich Dhokla is a delightful snack for the tea time.
Here, I am sharing sandwich dhokla which is made with Idli Dosa Batter and a thick layer of Mint and Coriander Chutney is applied between the two layers of dhokla. Make a tangy spicy chutney for applying between the layers of dhokla.
Checkout the other delicious varieties of Dhokla, which I have already posted on blog. These are also helpful to make variations to this Sandwich Dhokla...
Also try this easy and exotic snacks varieties …
And many more… Checkout the starter and chatpate bite section of blog for such amazing recipes. .
Checkout the video recipe for Sandwich Dhokla here..
Recipe Card for SandWich Dhokla
Sandwich Dhokla made with Idli Batter
Soft, Delicious, Easy Sandwich Dhokla served with Spicy Tangy Mint Coriander Chutney. It's a perfect
- 1.5 cup Idli Batter (thick, without salt)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- Some chopped coriander to garnish
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 5 to 6 Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp Peanuts
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 or 2 Ice Cubes
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1.5 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 to 3 Green chillies, slit
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida/Hing
- Take Idli Batter in a bowl. Add baking soda, salt and little water. Whisk very well.
- Batter consistency should be little thick but running. Whisk well and keep aside.
- To make chutney, first roughly grind peanuts and green chillies in a mixer jar. According to spice level of chillies, adjust the quantity. Make sure chutney should be spicy and tangy.
- Later add mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt, lemon juice and ice cubes. Grind smooth. Ice cubes will help to maintain the vibrant green colour for long time.
- Heat steamer with water. Or heat a broad kadai with little water . Place a stand in it. Cover it and allow the water starts boiling .
- Grease a thali/ plate with one tsp Oil. Pour half idli batter . Spread well. Don’t make thick layer of batter.
- Place thali/plate on stand in kadai once water starts boiling. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Open the lid and check. You can see Dhokla is little settled. Non sticky layer is formed. Then Spread 2 to 3 tbsp Chutney on it.
- Cover and cook again for 2 minutes.
- Open the lid , spread the rest of idli batter on chutney layer. Sprinkle some pepper powder .
- Cover the lid and cook for 6 to 8 minutes.
- After 6 to 8 minutes, checkout the Dhokla by inserting toothpick or sharp knife. If that comes out clean , it’s done.
- Allow it cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- To temper the dhokla, heat oil in a small kadai or pan. Add mustard seeds, sesame seeds, green chillies, curry leaves. Add asafoetida / Hing..
- Spread this temper on Dhokla plate.
- With a sharp knife , cut into small square pieces. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with Coriander Chutney, Tomato sauce and hot cup of Tea/ Coffee..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
2 thoughts on “Sandwich Dhokla”
How appealing! 👀🍃
LikeLiked by 2 people
LikeLiked by 2 people