Roasted Poha Chivda/Chevda recipe| Nylon Poha Chiwda recipe| Roasted Poha Namkeen recipe with all tips, written and video recipe
Healthy, Vegan, Guilt free, Non Fried, Spicy, Crunchy, Delicious, super easy and quick this Roasted flattened rice ( poha) Mixture/Chevda/ Chivda is very easy to make. Enjoy this tasty snack with hot cup of Tea/ Coffee . Best option for Guilt free munching, also called as Farsan or Namkeen..
Not only on Diwali or Festival time, this Namkeen is favourite in my family for whole year . Main reasons are it’s very healthy, mild spiced and quick.
Preparing Roasted Poha Chivda is very easy . Just gather all ingredients, roast flattened rice, prepare the temper and assemble. Can be prepared within 20 to 25 minutes.
This mixture is made from Thin Poha . Chivda can also be made from thick poha. Checkout the recipe for Poha Chivda ..
Some important Notes ...
- Use thick bottomed pan to roast flattened rice.
- While roasting poha, don’t stir too much . Thin, Delicate poha break.
- Never roast on High Flame as Poha will get burnt or brown.
- One can roast poha in solar cooker or in microwave too .
- My mom use to roast in Solar Cooker. It’s a Hassel free way. Just keep Poha in big plate and keep in solar cooker for some time . No need to stirring .
- Measurement of each ingredient and spices can be more or less as per your own taste..
- Store in an air tight container for long shelf life …
- Chivda can be stored for a month or so . If chivda looses it’s crisp, roast in a kadai on slow flame. Soon it will be crispy again .
Checkout the Video recipe for Roasted Poha Chivda here..
Roasted Poha Chivda/ Chevda
Crispy, Crunchy, Healthy, Vegan, Easy & Guilt free Namkeen is very addictive as it's made with 3 tbsp Oil. Perfect as Tea/Coffee partner Or as snack munching snacks.
- 3.5 cups -250 gm Thin poha (Thin Flattened Rice )
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Dry Coconut, thin pieces
- 1/4 cup Roasted Gram dal (roasted Chana Dal)
- 6 to 7 Cashewnuts , cut into half
- 3 to 4 green chilli (More or less according to taste), finely chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- In a broad and thick bottomed pan, dry roast poha on slow flame till it becomes crunchy but it make sure not it dont turn dark in color .
- To roast poha, gently shake the pan so poha gets evenly roasted. Constant stirring with spoon might break Poha as they are so delicate ..
- When you roast this Poha, it will be slightly shrink. Shake or toss ,as it can burn and break very easily.
- It will take around 4 to 5 minutes to roast the Poha .
- In another pan heat Oil . Add Peanuts , Roasted Gram Dal , Dry Coconut , green Chillies , Cashew nuts and Curry Leaves .. Roast very well.
- You can fry each ingredients mentioned above separately too.
- Roast on slow flame till it turned light brown in colour.. Be careful temper should not get burnt.
- Add Hing , Turmeric Powder and mix well.
- Now add Poha. Sprinkle some salt , dry mango powder and powdered sugar. Mix it gently. switch off the flame. Allow it to cool completely. Tasty Poha Chivda is ready.
- Once cooled store in a air tight container and serve as a snack with tea/ coffee or for munching.
- Roasted Poha Chivda can be stored for a month or so.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me…
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂