Fulwadi/ Phoolwadi is a crispy deep-fried savoury which is very tasty and made with Besan and Spices. Fulwadi is very popular snack variety in Gujarat. This snack can be enjoyed with a cup of the Tea at anytime of the day. Fulwadi is the great snack option while traveling. I have used IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL to fry Gujarati Fulwadi . Check out the Video Recipe for Gujarati Fulwadi here…
Recipe Card for Fulwadi
1 cup= 240ml
- Oil for frying
- 2 cups corase Gram Flour
- 3 tbsp Dry Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 tbsp White sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 3 to 4 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp turmric powder
- 2.5 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Cooking Soda
- 4 tbsp Hot Oil , to add in flour
- In a mixer jar, take dry coriander seeds, fennel seeds and black pepper.
- Coarse grind . Keep aside.
- In a broad plate, take coarse gram flour.
- Add grounded spics, salt, turmeric, red chilli powder, curd, sesame seeds .
- Sprinkle cooking Soda. Pour hot oil on cooking soda and everywhere .
- Mix with spoon. Once mixture is cool enough , mix with fingers.
- Add water little by little and knead semi soft dough.
- Knead for minimum 4 to.5 minutes.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Later, grease hands and again knead for couple of minutes.
- One can notice , gram flour has absorbed all the water from dough.
- Add water little by little to maintain the dough consistency. Keep it semi soft .
- Grease hands and give thick cylinder shape .
- To make Fulwadi, special zara is also available, as it’s not there with me i didn’t use that.
- Heat Oil in kadai for frying .
- Oil should be medium hot. To check the temperature, add small portion of dough into oil. That dough , should come on surface slowly. It’s perfect temperature for frying fulwadi.
- Add raw fulwadis batch wise. Don’t be in hurry to touch the Fulvadis. Fry on slow to medium flame till crispy. Of you fry on high flame, fulwadi will remain raw from inside and won’t turn crispy
- You will find cracks on fulwadi , thats perfectly fine.
- Stir occasionally for even cooking.
- Cook till crispy . Tame them out and allow it cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container. It stays fresh for many weeks.
- Traditionally Fulwadis are very spicy so more spiciness add more Red Chilli Powder and Black. Pepper.
- Fulwadi is made from coarse gram flour ,but of that is not available use normal fine gram flour. Add around the 1/4 cup of semolina/Sooji.
- For more tanginess , dry mango powder can be added.
- Fry on slow to medium flame only.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share youredback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂