Andhra style Tomato Pickle / Pachadi , very easy to make and so tangy and spicy. Tastes best with Paratha, Idli, Dosa, Pasarattu or even with Rice and Snacks.
Tomato Pickle is basically a tomato concentrate with spices .
This Instant pickle can be stored for 2 to 3 months in refrigerator .
Instant Tomato Pickle is one of the most easiest pickle recipe. Unlike other typical pickles , it don’t have that strong n pungent flavour.
I have made this very tasty Instant Tomato Pickle with IDHAYAM HARDIL KACHI GHANI MUSTARD OIL .. .
Always store in a clean glass jar for long shelf life.
Checkout the video recipe for Instant Tomato Pickle..https://youtu.be/26ntxB3JSZ0
Recipe Card for Tomato Pickle
Andhra style Tomato Pickle / Pachadi , very easy to make and so tangy, spicy. Tastes best with Paratha, Idli, Dosa, Pasarattu or even with Rice and Snacks.
- 500 gm Ripe Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 inch Tamarind piece
- 1 tsp Jaggery (optional )
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp Red chilly Powder
- 1 tsp roasted Fenugreek seeds powder
- 1/4 cup Mustard Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- Few Curry Leaves
- 7 to 8 Garlic Cloves, cut into half (optional)
- 3 to 4 Red Dry Chillies , cut into small pieces
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- First ,wash and clean all tomatoes. Roughly chop. For quick and easy cooking, cut into small pieces.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp Idhayam Hardil Mustard Oil.
- Add tomatoes , sprinkle some salt . Cook for a minute. Add some Tamarind.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir tomatoes in-between else they can stick at bottom .
- After time, tomatos will be fully cooked and mushy. Now with open lid, cook for more 5 minutes.
- By this time mixture should be little thick . Mash it roughly.
- In mixer jar, grind the tomato mixture a little. Or with laddle just mash nicely .
- Add fenugreek seeds powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for more a minute.
- In a pan, heat Mustard Oil.
- Add mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds.
- Also add soms few curry leave , chopped garlic and dry red chillies.
- Allow everything to roast nicely.
- Now add Hing/ Asafoetida and Red chilli powder.
- Pour on tomato mixture .
- Cook for more a minute. Switch off the flame and Allow it cool completely.
- Once cooled, store in an air tight container . Keep in a dry cool place.
- Pickle can be stored for 2 to 3 months in refrigerator.
- Choose Red , Ripe tomatoes.
- Instead of Mustard Oil, any other oil can be used. But mustard oil enhances the taste.
- Quantity of spices can be adjusted as per taste.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂