Malpua Recipe | Whole Wheat Flour Malpua Recipe with written details and video recipe
Malpua is Soft, fluffy yet crispy and mouth melting traditional North oIndian Sweet . These pancakes are deep fried in Ghee and coated with Sugar Syrup.. Generally Malpua is served with Rabri / Rabdi – Thickned Sweet Milk, but it also tastes amazing plain with dry fruits ..
Generally , Malpua is made with Maida – All Purpose Flour , sharing here the Wheat Flour version without compromising taste, texture and softness.
Checkout the Video Recipe here…
Recipe Card for Malpua
Crispy yet melt in mouth, super delicious, easy Wheat Flour Malpua recipe. Easy to make and perfect for any festival .
IngredientsFor Sugar Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Few Saffron Strands
- 1/4 cup Semolina / Sooji / Rava
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 3 tbsp Milk Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds, crushed
- 1.5 cup + 2 tbsp Milk
- Ghee / Oil for frying
- Finely chopped Almonds and Pistachio, for garnishing
- First, let’s make Sugar Syrup. In a pan, take sugar and water.
- Add Cardamom Powder and Saffron strands .
- Keep stirring and cook on low to medium flame till sugar dissolves.
- Later, turn flame to high and cook for more 5 minutes.
- We don’t need any string in sugar syrup, it just has to be sticky and thick. So cook accordingly.
- Allow it to cool a bit .
- Grind 1/4 cup of semolina for 15 to 20 seconds. If you use fine semolina , skip this step. I have used normal semolina , which we use making Upma or Halwa.
- In a wide bowl, take fine sooji, wheat flour, milk powder, cardamom powder and crushed fennel seeds.
- Mix well. Add milk little by little and make smooth batter.
- Batter consistency should be smooth and flowing. Though we don’t need very thin and runny texture.
- One can whisk or use hand blender or mixer jar for smooth and fluffy texture ..
- Cover and keep aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- One can use Fresh cream/ malai or Khoya in batter. Just grate the khoya and then add in batter.
- After time, whisk again the batter atleast for a minute
- Heat 1.25 cup Ghee in a broad pan. Ghee quantity should not be too much. Just cover the pan surface is enough .
- Once ghee is hot , make the flame low . With a small laddle pour batter in ghee. Don’t spread. It will spread by its own.
- Don’t be in hurry to flip the Malpua .
- Cook on medium flame till edges starts turning crispy.
- Carefully change the side and cook again till crispy.
- Once both sides turns crispy, with a slotted spoon , take out the malpua . Make sure you remove all access Ghee from it.
- Now, add this fried discs in WARM sugar syrup. Dip for 2 minutes.
- Take out in a plate and garnish with chopped dry fruits.
- One can serve with Rabri / Rabdi too.
- For this recipe, I have not used any Artificial color / Food Color for sugar syrup or batter.
- Milk which is used to make batter is a boiled and cooled milk .
- In batter, some Malai / Fresh Cream, Khoya can be added for richer taste.
.Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂