Sev Khamani recipe | How to make Surti Sev Khamani | Amiri Khaman recipe
Craving a Gujarati snack recipe? Try this Spicy, Sweet and easy Surti Sev Khamani recipe with written details and video recipe…
This Surti Sev Khamani also known as Amiri Khaman or Gujarati Sev Khamani, this tasty and crunchy Surti Sev Khamani recipe will give you the most authentic taste.
Amiri Khaman / Surti Sev Khamani is perfect if you want to serve something healthy to your guests. If you are bored with common snack recipes, then this Sev Khamani recipe will be a welcome change. Feel the crunch of sev along with the softness of dal, as soon as you take its bite.
This appetiser tastes sweet and sour both at once as it is flavoured with a tinge of Citric acid / Lemon juice along with Sugar.
You could prepare this snack recipe in morning or evening for your loved ones. Have it along a hot cup of tea to get the best taste.
Checkout my other Gujarati Recipes, which already posted on blog…
Lets checkout the detailed Video Recipe for Sev Khamni here..
Checkout the Written details here…
Sev Khamani recipe | Surti Sev Khamani recipe | Amiri Khaman
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 5 to 6 Green Chillies,
- 3 to 4 Ginger pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Citric Acid /Nimbu ka Satva
- 2/3 tsp Eno / Fruit Salt For Tempering
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 3-5 Green chillies, slit
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar For Garnishing
- Pomogranate Seeds
- Barik Sev
- finely chopped Coriander
- Wash and soak chanadal for 6 to 8 hours.
- Later,drain all the access water and transfer to Mixerjar.
- Also add green chillies and ginger.
- Grind smooth . Don’t add any water while grinding. If its difficult to grind smooth, add just 2-3 tbsp water.
- We need smooth and thick paste. Transfer to a wide bowl.
- Add Salt, turmeric powder, Hing, sugar, nimbu ka satva. Mix well and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mixture wi be very light and fluffy. Keep aside.
- Heat steamer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grease a cake tin / Plate with Oil.
- Add Eno /Fruit Salt to the batter. Whisk well.
- Transfer to greased tin. Keep in steamer.
- cover and cook for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Later,insert a knife and check whether its perfectly cooked or not.
- Take dhokla tin out of steamer and Allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Demould into a broad plate.
- with the help of grater, crumble the dhokla.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, green chilli. Sauté for a minute. Then add hing, turmeric powder and water. Mix well and allow water to boil.
- Also add pinch of salt and sugar.
- When water is boiling, add a crumble mixture of dhokla and mix well.
- Finally add coriander leaves and garnish with sev, fresh coconut and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂