Moong Dal Payasam Recipe | Paruppu Payasam Recipe | Pasi Paruppu Payasam Recipe
A very popular South Indian Kheer recipe made with Moong Dal, Jaggery, Coconut milk, Ghee and Nuts.
It is a traditional dessert recipe made especially for celebration feast or for the festival. It is a healthy Indian Sweet as the sweetness is derived from the Coconut milk and Jaggery which also makes it rich and creamy.
Moong Dal Payasam tastes amazing with unique flavour of Coconut Milk, Ghee and Jaggery.
Check-out the Detailed Video recipe here,
Lets check-out the written recipe
Moong Dal Payasam
Moong Dal Payasam Recipe | Pasi Paruppu Payasam Recipe
- 2/3 cup Moong Dal
- 1 tsp Ghee, to add while cooking dal
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 2/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 2 tbsp Dry Coconut, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Wash moongdal and transfer to Pressure Cooker.
- Add 2 cups of water. Add 1 tsp Ghee. Cover the lid and cook for 2 whistles on slow to medium flame.
- In a pan , add jaggery and 1/2 cup water. Bring it to boil . Jahgery should be melt properly.
- Strain the Jaggery mixture in a pan.
- Add cooked Moongdal in the same pan. Mix well.
- Simmer the dal+jaggery water mixture for 3 to 4 minutes. Dont overcook.
- Once mixture is well combined, switch off the flame.
- After 5 to 7 minutes, add Coconut Milk. Stir well. Payasam is ready.
- In a small pan heat 1 to 2 tbsp Ghee. Roast cashewnuts, raisins and dry coconut. Roast on slow flame till crispy.
- Immediately pour roasted nuts on Payasam.
- Also add Cardamom Powder to enhance the flavour of this sweet dish.
- Serve Hot or Warm .
- Once chilled, if payasam turns very thick, add hot milk / water. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes and Payasam is ready to serve.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂