Gujarati Methi na Gota / Methi Bhajiya / Methi Pakoda recipe
An authentic, traditional and very easy Gujarati snack recipe made with mainly 2 ingredients – Fresh Fenugreek Leaves and Chickpea Flour – Besan.
Methi Gota is very similar to any deep-fried fritters and can be served as either evening snacks or appetizers.
I have used IDHAYAM MANTRA GROUNDNUT OIL to Make Masala Khichdi . Using this traditional, natural and pure groundnut oil gives pleasure and satisfaction towards health of my family. Idhayam Mantra Groundnut Oil is a heart friendly oil too. The high smoking point of groundnut oil makes it ideal for deep frying too.
Pakora recipes are very common across india, each region and state has its own variation. one such hugely popular and tasty bajji or deep-fried snack recipe is the METHI NA GOTA from the state of Gujarat …
Checkout the Detailed Video Recipe for METHI NA GOTA here, https://youtu.be/RWpzA1eHFSo
Lets checkout the Detailed Written Recipe…
Methi Na Gota
- Spice level can be adjusted as per taste. Personally I like this Methi Na Gota spicy .
- Batter consistency should be thick for perfect result.
- Fry on Medium flame as inner side of fritters wont cook properly.
- 1 tbsp Dry Coriander Seeds
- 5 to 7 Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ajwain
- 2 to 3 tbsp Hot Oil
- 1/4 tsp Cooking Soda
- 1.5 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 cup chopped Fresh Fenugreek Leaves, Methi
- 1/4 chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Semolina / Sooji
- 1 cup Besan
- Oil for frying
- crush dry coriander seeds, black pepper and ajwain either in mortal pastel or in mixer jar. Crush coarsely.
- In a bowl, take Besan (Gram flour), sooji (Semolina), crushed spice mixSalt, Sugar, chopped Green chillies, Ginger paste, turmeric, red chilli powder. Mix well
- Add water little by little and make thick Batter. DONT END UP BY ADDING LOTS OF WATER AT A TIME.
- Add chopped Fenugreek Leaves and chopped Coriander. Mix well.
- Batter consistency should be thick.
- Keep aside for atleast 10 to 15 minutes..
- Heat Oil for frying. Oil temperature should be medium. If Oil will be too hot, fritters will be crispy from outside but may be raw/uncooked from inside.
- Check Oil temperature by adding some batter in oil. If it comes up slowly,oil temperature is perfect.
- Add small ball sized batter balls in oil. Once it comes up nicely, just keep changing the sides for even cooking.
- cook till crispy. Take out and keep on oil absorbant paper .
- Serve Hot with Coriander Chutney . Methi Gota tastes amazing with hot cup of tea/ Coffee too.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.