Dahi Masala Bhindi Recipe | Dahi Wali Bhindi | Masala Bhindi with Dahi | Dahi Bhindi recipe with written and Video recipe
Dahi Bhindi / Masala Bhindi is an easy, quick, simple yet unique curry recipe which is prepared with Bhindi- Okra , Curd and Spices. This curry is so quick and easy to make and can be ready by 15 to 20 minutes. This tasty curry can be served with Paratha, Roti, steamed Rice or even Jeera rice.
I have made this very tasty and easy Dahi Bhindi with IDHAYAM HARDIL KACHI GHANI MUSTARD OIL. The high smoking point of mustard oil makes it ideal for deep frying too. Click here to know more about Idhayam products..
Checkout the Video recipe for Dahi Bhindi here…
Dahi Bhindi Recipe | Dahi Masala Bhindi Recipe
- Before chopping Bhindi, make sure its wiped with cloth.
- curd has to be whisked properly and stove flame should be off while adding curd in pan, else there are chances that it will be curdled.
- Instead of Bhindi, you can use Potatoes, Eggplants, Beans, Carrots.
- 300 gm Okra / Bhindi
- Mustard Oil / any cooking Oil
- 4 to 5 tbsp Curd, preferably little sour
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Gram Flour / Besan
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves
- a small Ginger piece
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 small Green Chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- 1/2 cup Onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- Wash and clean Bhindi. Wipe with cloth and make sure there is no moisture on it.
- Cut Bhindi into Medium sized pieces.
- Crush Garlic and Ginger.
- In a bowl, take curd. Add cuminpowder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, besan. Whisk so well and keep aside.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Fry Bhindi in it.
- Fry on medium flame until the bhindi changes the colour..
- We need 3 tbsp Oil, so if pan has more oil , remove it.
- In same pan add cumin seeds, grewn chillies, hing.
- Then add chopped Onions. And then add crushed ginger garlic. Saute on medium flame till its brown in colour.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, little red chilli powder. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Before adding curd mixture, make sure gas flame is off .
- Add curd and spices Mixture. Mix very well.
- Turn on the flame on slow. Cover the pan and allow the mixture to cook for 5 minutes or till oil releases.
- Later add , 1 cup of water. Once it starts boiling , add fried Bhindi.
- Cover and cook on slow flame for 10 minutes more..
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with Roti, Rice, Naan or Paratha …
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.