Rajma Masala recipe | How to make Restaurant style Rajma Masala |Punjabi Rajma Masala recipe
Rajma Masala, a popular North Indian or Punjabi Curry recipe made with kidney beans and indian spices. The combination of rajma and chawal is just amazing. Rajma Masala is a semi-thick curry, which can also be served with Jeera Rice Or any Indian Flat Bread.
I have made this very tasty and easy Rajma Masala with IDHAYAM HARDIL KACHI GHANI MUSTARD OIL. The high smoking point of mustard oil makes it ideal for deep frying too. Click here to know more about Idhayam products..
There are number of ways to make Rajma Masala Curry , here I am sharing the popular and super tasty PUNJABI styled RAJMA MASALA ..
Checkout the detailed Video Recipe for Rajma Masala here…
- One can use any variety of Rajma Beans. I have used Red Ones.
- Soak Rajma Beans well for at least 7 to 8 hours or overnight.
- To make curry perfectly creamy and thick, mash few beans while cooking. One can mash with back of spoon…
- Show patience while cooking Rajma 😂😂.
- 1 cup Rajma Beans
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 1 Star Anise, small
- 1/6 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 3 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 2 big sized Onions, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Ginger paste
- 4 big sized Tomatoes puree
- 2/3 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Corriander Powder
- 1 tsp Pavbhaji Masala
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 3 tbsp Coriander, chopped
- 3 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Wash Rajma beans 3 to 4 times with fresh water .
- Soak with enough water for atlest 8 hours or Overnight.
- Later, discard the water. Take beans in a preasure cooker. Add enough water.
- Also add bay leaves, star anise, black cardamom and cinnamon sticks.
- Add some salt and baking soda. Cover the lid.
- Cook on slow flame for 5 to 6 whistles.
- Beans should be fully cooked.
- Check.pressing Rajma beans between finger and thumb. Beans should be mashed easily.
- Dont discard the water from Pressure Cooker.
- In a pan heat Mustard Oil and Ghee.
- Add 3 Cloves, Green Chillies, Cumin seeds and Hing.
- Add chopped Onions. Saute till golden brown.
- Add Tomato puree. Add little salt. Mix and cover the pan. Cook till Oil seperate and mixture turns thick .
- Add all spices. Saute for a while.
- Add cooked Rajma, along with water. Mix
- Cover the lid and cook for 15 minutes on slow flame. Stir occassionally.
- Curry will turn thick . Adjust consistency as per liking. If serving with Rice, it should be thin in consistency and if serving with Roti or Paratha make a thick gravy…
- Add kasuri methi, coriander and fresh cream.
- Mix. Curry will turn thick when cooled down. So add water accordingly.
- Serve Hot with Jeera rice, Naan etc.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.