Masala Peanuts Recipe | Masala Groundnut | Besan Masala Peanuts with detailed written and video recipe
Crispy, spicy, tasty, Chickpea flour coated masala peanuts served ideally as a tea time snack Or as a side dish in party or get-together Or simply for munching .. Very easy and quick to prepare and can be stored for weeks in an air tight container…
Do you love Haldiram’s Spicy Masala Peanuts??? I just love it. With this recipe, you can make same Haldiram style Spicy Peanuts at home with very easy recipe… In this recipe, groundnut is coated with gramflour and rice flour with exotic indian spices and later deep-fried till crispy ..
There are numerous recipes and dish prepared using peanuts or groundnuts either as a main ingredients or as a supportive ingredients… Masala Peanuts is one of the easiest recipe of peanuts. ..
Checkout all Snacks recipes which can be served as a teatime snacks or perfect for Munching..
- Bhavnagri Nylon Gathiya
- Rice Flakes Mixture / Poha Chevda
- Layered Mathri
- Moong Dal Crispies
- Masala Sev
- Roasted Poha Chivda
- Wheat Flour Chakli / Chakri
- Fenugreek Crispies / Methi Namakpare
- Murukku – Rice Flour Chakli
- Masala Chana Dal
Some important Notes to make perfect Masala Peanuts
- Add more quantity of spices to make more spicy peanuts.. This measurements will give moderated spicy Masala Peanuts.
- Don’t add more of red chilli powder in Besan, else at time of frying red chilli will burn and hence, masala peanuts will looks dark/ black in colour.
- With Gram flour , always add rice flour it will help to make peanuts more crispy. One can also add some corn flour or arrowroot .
- Fry peanuts in batches . Don’t over crowd while frying and don’t stir as soon as you drop in oil.
- Oil should be hot but flame should be slow while adding peanuts in Oil.
- Always fry on low to medium flame to make peanuts more crispy and tasty.
- Always sprinkle Spice Mix on peanuts when it’s very hot , so all spices can coat peanuts well and make it more Chatpata..
- Once cooled, Store in an air tight container for a month or so…
Checkout the detailed Video recipe for Masala Peanuts …
Recipe Card for Masala Peanuts / Masala Shing / Shing Bhujiya
Crispy, Spicy , Easy and so Addictive these Masala Peanuts can be ready within 20 minutes in total.. Serve as a teatime snack or for munching..
- 1 cup Raw Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Gram Flour / Besan (1 tbsp extra if needed)
- 1.5 tbsp Rice Flour (1 tbsp extra if needed)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Dry Ginger Powder
- Some Curry leaves
- Oil to fry
For spice mix
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- In a sieve , take raw peanuts and wash them thoroughly .
- With this step Peanuts will be cleaned and will turn little soft which is must for this recipe . Make sure DON’T SOAK PEANUTS IN WATER.
- Allow to drain all access water .
- In a bowl , take gramflour, rice flour. Add salt, turmeric powder, hing, red chilli powder, chaat masala , garam masala and dry ginger powder.
- Mix well . Add wet peanuts and mix well.
- Add water spoon by spoon and keep mixing . Make sure , we just need spices and flour mixture to coat peanuts well. DON’T WANT IDLI OR PAKODA TYPE BATTER.
- At any point , if you feel moisture is little more add 1 tbsp rice flour. Mix very well.
- For spice mix , in a bowl take black salt, red chilli powder and Chaat Masala . Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat Oil to fry in a pan. Once oil is hot, slow the flame.
- Now , add spice coated peanuts slowly in small batch. Don’t stir.
- Once bubbles of oil settles, stir gently and fry till crispy .
- Gas flame should be low to medium while frying…
- Take out fried peanuts and keep on oil absorbent paper.
- Lastly , fry some curry leaves till crispy. It gives nice flavour in Masala Peanuts . Though it’s optional..
- Sprinkle the prepared spice mix while fried masala peanuts are hot.
- Mix well and make sure all spices coat peanuts well uniformly..
- Store in an air tight container once cooled.
- Enjoy this Masala Peanuts as a snack, or side dish or in chaat.
To bake this masala peanuts, bake on 180C for 5 minutes . Stir well and again bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me…
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂