Layered Mathri / Nimki / Parti Mathri simple recipe with all tips , stepwise pics and Video recipe
Nimki or Layered Mathri or Parti mathri is very famous jar snack which has very appetizing favours and it’s very addictive. It can be ready easily and can be stored for almost a month ..
This snack requires only few basic ingredients . It’s made of Plain flour and basic spices like ajwain, cumins , chilli flakes and other. Layered Mathri gets its unique texture from the way it is rolled and folded .
Layered Mathri tastes very different and unique then normal mathri.. But making Layered mathri is not easy .
Do you know Mathris tastes great not only with tea / coffee but also tastes awesome with some tongue tickling pickle 😋😋😋😋 … Yes such crispy , flaky mathris and mango pickle is a deady combo… Try sometime …
Getting perfect crispy layeres is not a joke actually. If you don’t fold and seal the mathri properly , you will end up with raw part in inner most layer. To get perfect texture and result one has to follow some tips ..
- I have used Plain flour , one can make with Wheat flour or just tKe it 50:50.
- One can use Kalonji / Nigella seeds too in dough to get more flavourful mathris.
- Instead of red chilli flakes , one can use green chilli paste. It can be totally ignore too if you don’t want any spicy flavour in it.
- One can increase or decrease quantity of spices as per choice.
- One can also sprinkle some spicy tangy spicemix between the layers. One can mix red chilli powder , black salt , chaat masala etc and use it..
- Make sure you Roll Mathris thin, if its thick then it will be difficult to cook the inner layer.
- Seal the edges correctly. Don’t press much on layers , from there only oil can cook the inner layers .
- Always fry mathris on slow to medium flame.
- When mathris are crispy enough , high the flame for few seconds to give lovely colour.
Let’s checkout the Video recipe with tips included
Let’s checkout the detailed recipe
- 500 gm Plain flour / Maida
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Carom seeds / Ajwain
- 1.5 tbsp Roasted cumin powder / Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp crushed Black Pepper
- Some Ghee (clarified butter) to apply between the layers
- Sieve the flour in a mixing bowl. Add all the spices. Mix well. Now add oil to flour. Mix nicely till crumbly .
- Later, add water little by little and knead a stiff dough.. Knead nicely. Pour more 1 tsp oil and knead really well. Cover and keep the dough aside for 20 to 30 minutes. Let all the flavours nicely absorb by the dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portion . Now roll portion into 4 to 5 inch big thin disc . Apply some ghee and Prick with fork. Fold it to make semi circle.
- Again apply the ghee and prick with fork. Now, again fold and make a triangle. Seal the open edges properly.
- Make all the Mathris in same way .
- Heat the oil . When oil is medium hot , add few mathris and fry on low flame till it gets crispy .
- Always fry batch wise. Don’t overcrowd in pan. Fry Mathris on low flame.
- It will take around 10 to 12 minutes to fry one batch of mathris.
- Keep changing the sides of mathris while frying for even cooking .
- When you notice Mathris are crispy , increase the flame little and fry till it turned to lovely golden colour.
- Remove the Mathris in kitchen paper. Allow it to soak extra oil , if any.
- Store in an air tight container once cooled completely.
Enjoy this yummy mathris in upcoming festival season or even any day with your hot cup of tea / coffee..
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂