Guilt free, Non Fried Spicy , Crunchy , delicious and little sweet this flattened rice ( poha) Mixture/Chevda/ Chivda is very easy to make. Enjoy this tasty guilt free snack with hot cup of Tea/ Coffee . Best option for Guilt free munching.
- One can add pieces of dry Coconut too. Cooking time may be little more.
- One can add Cashew Nuts and/or Kishmish too. I don’t add these to maintain the calories level.
Checkout the Video recipe here..
- 500 gm Thin poha (Thin Flattened Rice )
- 1/2 cup Raw Peanuts
- 1/2 cup grated Dry Coconut
- 1/2 cup Roasted Gram dal (Daliya)
- 6-8 green chilli (More or less according to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Oil
- Sugar powder as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Asafoetida / Hing
- Dry Mango Powder , as per taste
In a broad pan roast poha on slow flame till it becomes crunchy but it make sure not dark in color. Keep it separate.
When you roast this Poha, it will be slightly shrink. Keep stirring occasionally, else it can burn and break very easily.
My mom use to roast in Solar Cooker. It’s a Hassel free way. Just keep Poha in big plate and keep in solar cooker. No need to stirring .
Add Salt , Powdered Sugar and Dry Mango Powder in Poha. Mix it nicely and carefully.
In another pan heat Oil . Add Peanuts , Roasted Gram Dal , Dry Coconut , green Chillies , Curry Leaves .. Roast very well. Roast till it turned light brown in colour..
Add Hing , Turmeric Powder and mix well.
Now pour it on Poha . Mix it. Tasty Poha Chivda is ready. Once cool completely store in a sir tight container and enjoy.
One can store this mixture upto a month.
If you find , this mixture is loosing its crunchiness after few days , just take in wok , allow it to roast perfectly, on the slowest flame)..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all.. Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂