These WHEAT cookies are Crunchy, Melt in mouth, healthy , blast of coconut flavor and super delicious are very easy to make at home . Cookies are ready with common ingredients which are easily available at every home. No Baking Powder, No cooking Soda, Very simple and easy to make yet Delicious.. TRIED AND TESTED METHOD, can never failed too 🙂 🙂
Well, I have found this cookies the most easy to bake.
Some notes to read before Detailed recipe:
- I have used Home made Wheat Flour, one can use store bought too.
- I can add Oats too.
- I used Desiccated Coconut, if you want fresh coconut to use just grate it nicely and add in better. Baking time can be little more and out come will tasty and bit chewy cookies.
- One can avoid coconut and make simple cookies too.
- I have made in cooker,if using oven, bake at 180C for 17-18 mins.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1-2 tsp Milk
Those who are regular reader, must know my microwave oven is in repair mode 🙂 🙂 😉 😉 . So i made these cute beauties in cooker , just like my other cakes.
This Cookies are most favorite to my MIL and HUBBY , So i cant wait till my oven get ready. But believe me baking in cooker , i found the perfect baking. Only disadvantage is batch size will be small. Cant bake large quantity at a time like oven.
Friends who want to make this cookies in oven , bake at 180C for 17-18 mins. Keep checking after 15 mins.
So now lets see the detailed recipe..
- Beat Butter and Powdered Sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add Wheat Flour, Coconut, Vanilla Essence and mix well.
- Add milk (If needed ) to knead a soft, smooth dough.
- Keep in freezer for 10 mins ( This step is purely optional. But i always found cookies gives best result with this step. By freezing , it wont spread and will hold shape perfectly)
- Take a small Portion of dough . Give shape of cookies
- Sprinkle some Coconut on its top.
- In cooker it will take around 22 mins to bake this cookies. It will be very soft while hot. Will be crunchy once completely cool.
- Store in a air tight container
- Enjoy with a cup of Tea/ Coffee
Hope you all will enjoy this tasty cookies..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂