Common Besan Chilla (Sometimes boring also 🙂 🙂 ), served in a trendy way to enhance the taste. A perfectly moist,crunchy and very very tasty sandwich is best for snacks or early dinner . Easy to prepare and no special ingredient is required 🙂 🙂
Such Grilled Sandwich can be a good attraction at time of guest arrival or get together. Routine Besan Chilla (PUDLA) is not at all preferred at my home, but such grilled chilla love by all.
In this recipe, I have made simple plain Chilla, one can add sauted and crushed vegetable also. Mint chutney can also enhance the taste. I used Wheat Bread Slices for sandwiches, one can use any bread of choice. So lets see a easy Video recipe for a yummy grilled sandwich 🙂
Recipe Card for Cheesy Chilla Sandwich
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Cheesy Chilla Sandwich
Easy, Quick, Unique Cheesy Chilla Sandwich recipe.
- 1 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 1/4 cup Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Curd (Preferably bit sour)
- 1 tsp Carom Seeds/ Ajwain
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 small piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Pickle Masala / Achaar Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- Wheat Bread Slices
- Coriander Chutney
- Cheese Slices
- Some Chaat Masala
- Cheese , for garnishing
- In a mixer jar, blend tomatoes, onions, green chilli and ginger .
- Grind smooth, if needed sieve it.
- In a wide bowl, take besan, wheat flour. Sieve the flours and not fresh.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, hing, pickle masala, Ajwain, curd, grounded puree.
- Mix well.
- Add water and make a smooth thick batter. Make sure there is no lump.
- Give rest for 15 to 20 mins to this batter.
- Later add cooking soda and a spoon of water . Mix nicely.
- On a hot griddle , spread a spoonful batter.
- Pour some oil on sides of chilla. Change the side after few seconds.
- Once Roast nicely keep aside.
- For sandwich.. Apply butter on 2 slice of bread.
- Apply a spoonful Chutney on a slice. Fold the prepared Chilla and place on a bread slice. Keep a cheese slice on it .
- Cover with another slice.
- Heat Griller for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place prepared sandwich in griller and grill for 5 to 7 minutes or till it gets crispy.
- Change the side and cook again. Once crispy both the sides, take it out from griller.
- Cut into 2 or 4 pieces.
- Serve hot with Chutney and/or Tomato catchup.
- To make seperate version, avoid onion and ginger . Even Cheese can avoided. Simple also tastes amazing.
- Spice level of Chilla should be little on higher side else sandwich will taste blant.
- If griller not available, roast on Tava on medium flame.
- Serve hot else it may taste soggy.
Do try this recipe , and don’t forget to share your feedback with me.
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias….
Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂