Gond Ladoo Recipe | Winter Special Rajasthani Gond ke Ladoo | How to make Gond Ke Laddu
Gond ke ladoo is a popular and traditional winter sweet from north India. It’s prepared with Edible Gum, Wheat Flour, Jaggery, nuts and some Spices. These nutty Ladoos are full of flavours, have a great texture and boost the energy instantly.
These Laddus are well known for immune boosting and body warming properties. Generally, these ladoos are made and eaten during winters in India.
Gond or gondh katira is better known as tragacanth gum. When it comes to taste and scent, it has neither. It is also viscous and water-soluble too. Gond is widely used in Ayurvedic medicines due to its therapeutic properties.
Gond helps in maintaining good health, especially in the winter. According to nutritionists, Gond helps in keeping our body warm and strengthen our immunity to deal with winter related infections.
Some Hardcore Benefits of Gond…
- Gond Helps in lectation
- Great for Gut Health
- Helps in healing Mouth Ulcer
- Good for skin as it has anti-aging properties
I have already posted many other sweet recipe on the blog as mentioned below, one can checkout the recipes HERE..
- Til Chikki
- Makhana Ladoo
- Rava Ladoo
- Thandai Phirni
- Meethe Chawal
- Sheer Khurma
- Moong Dal Payasam
- Sabudana Kheer
- Rice Kheer and Many more..
Checkout the Video Recipe for Gond ke Ladoo here..
Now, lets checkout the Detailed Recipe here..
Gond Ke Ladoo
Gond Ke Ladoo | Gond Ke Laddu Recipe | Winter Special Gond Ke Ladoo
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1/2 cup Gond / Edible Gum
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Pistachio
- 3 tbsp Raisins
- 1.5 cup Makhana / Foxnuts / Lotus Seeds
- 1.5 cup Desicatted Coconut
- 3 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1.5 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Gram Flour / Besan
- 3 tbsp Dry Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1.25 cup Jaggery
- Heat 4 tbsp Ghee and fry Gond batchwise on low flame. Fry till crispy and pinkish in colour. Take them out and set aside.
- In same pan, fry Almonds, Walnuts, Cashewnuts and Pistachio. Fry till turns crispy. Keep aside.
- In same pan, fry Raisins till it puffed up. Later, Take out immediately. Keep aside.
- In same pan, roast Makhana on slow flame till crispy. Set aside.
- In same pan dry roast Desiccated Coconut and Poppy Seeds , roast till little dark in colour. Keep aside.
- Heat remaining Ghee and roast wheat flour and gram flour. Keep stirring and Roast on slow flame. Roast till flour turns dark in colour. Set aside.
- Crush the fried Gond coarsely with hand or a small Katori.
- In mixer grinder, coarsely crush the dry fruits and makhana.
- In a parar or big plate, mix crushed Gond, crushed dry fruits, roasted coconut-poppyseed, and roasted flours.
- Add Dry Ginger Powder, cardamom powder and Nutmeg Powder.
- Mix everything well with hands.
- In a vessel take Jaggery. Add 4 tbsp water and 1 tbsp Ghee in it.
- On low flame, cook till jaggery dissolves fully and starts foaming. Stir continously.
- No need to cook jaggery till any thread consistency, just cook till it melts fully.
- Immediately, strain jaggery and mix with prepared mixture.
- Mix well . Make ladoos out of the mixture when its still Hot.
- Store in an air tight container for 2 to 3 months, even without refrigerator.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 😊