Masala Lachha Paratha recipe | Detailed written and video recipe for Masala Lachha Pratha
Masala Lachha Paratha is a layered indian flatbread with exotic indian spices. This paratha , generally prepared with Wheat Flour or All Purpose Flour. It’s delicious, flaky, crispy, fluffy and simply irresistible. These parathas are generally served with some semi gravy Curry or chilled curd and pickle or with hot cup of tea/ coffee. In anyways, it tastes amazing.
These Masala Lachha Paratha can be prepared in ease.
Checkout my other Paratha recipes which I have already uploaded on blog :
Checkout the video recipe for Wheat Masala Lachha Paratha ..
Recipe Card for Masala Lachha Paratha….
Masala Lachha Paratha
Super tasty, Easy, filled with exotic spices , these Wheat Masala Lachha Paratha can be served with any meal, any curry or just a bowl of chilled Curd. These can be served with Hot cup of Tea / Coffee too...
- 1 cup Wheat Flour
- 1.5 tsp Oil
- Oil/Ghee/ Butter to roast
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 tbsp Dry Fenugreek Leaves/ Kasuri Methi
For Spice Mix
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 2/3 tsp Chaat Masala
- First , we will knead the dough. Take wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add some salt and oil . Mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead smooth and soft dough. Knead for a minute.
- Apply few drops of oil and knead. Cover and keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For spice mix, in a bowl , take red chilli powder, coriander powder, roasted cumin powder and Chaat Masala . Mix well and keep aside.
- After 20 minutes, knead the dough little. Make 3 parts from that dough.
- Dust some flour and roll thin. To make Lachha Paratha, always roll the chapati thin.
- Apply 1 tbsp Desi Ghee / clarified Butter and 1 tbsp spice mix.
- Mix and apply evenly with fingures.
- Now sprinkle sesame seeds and some Kasuri Methi.
- Now, start creating pleats by folding with fingures.
- Both the end should be secure.
- Roll the pleated dough and seal the end by pressing gently.
- Take the rolled dough and dust some wheat flour.
- Start rolling and make medium thick paratha.
- Heat a tava/tawa. Place rolled paratha..
- After few seconds just flip and cook another side.
- Once both sides are getting little brown spots , apply Ghee/Oil/Butter on both sides.
- Flip and roast both the sides.
- Serve hot with favourite Curry, Chilled Curd or even hot cup of Tea/ Coffee.
- All purpose flour can be used to make Lachha paratha. Or 50:50 -Wheat flour : All purpose flour can be used.
- Pickle Masala or Roasted Besan with spices or Oregano , chilli flakes and parsley can be a great variation option for stuffing ..
- To roast paratha , Oil/ Ghee or Butter can be used.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below..
Stay connected with me on following social medias….Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂