How to make Yellow Moong Dal Dosa |Moong Dal Dosa detailed written and Video recipe
Moong Dal Dosas are thin crispy crepes, made from skinned split Green Gram / Yellow Moong Dal and some routine spices.. Protein packed flavourful Moongdal Dosa will be an amazing addition to Breakfast or Dinner Menu …
These Dosas are so easy to make , quick (compare to traditional dosa batter) . No Soaking and fermentation is required for this Dosa. Just Soak, grind and ready to go. Perfect option for Breakfast/ tiffin/ Dinner ideas.
These Moong Dal Dosa can be prepared in jiffy or unplanned. It can be easily ready by soaking Yellow Moong Dal in warm water for sometime, grind smooth and start spreading Dosai ..
I am sharing this quick, easy and very tasty Moong Dal Dosa as my entry to Healthy Wellthy Cuisines , a bloggers FB group , under the theme of #SatvikTreatsAtHW . This time, theme was suggested by Me. Actual, idea behind the theme was to introduce number of delicious food varieties-Curry, Rice or snacks -which can be prepared without using Onion-Garlic . It’s always a challenge to prepare exotic dishes without using those ingredients… I am so happy and proud to say my all friends did fantastic job and created some amazing delicious dishes under the same theme.
Checkout following creations by my fellow bloggers on this theme.
- Bhindi Kadhi by Preethi
- Creamy Pine Nut Paste Pasta By Shalu
- Doi Potol or Pointed Gourd/ Parwal in Yogurt Gravy by Sujata
- Coconut Rice by Jayashree
- Satvik Paneer Butter Masala by Poonam
- Some finely grated Coconut can be added while grinding.
- For this recipe, I have not used any root vegetables like Ginger, Onion, Garlic . One can use if want.
- Paneer, Cheese or Sauted Onions can be also added as a stuffing.
- Some chopped green chillies, and ginger paste can be added to batter.
- Finely chopped Fresh Coriander can be added to batter.
Recipe Card for YELLOW MOONG DAL DOSA
YELLOW MOONG DAL DOSA
Super tasty, Easy, Healthy, protein packed meal. No long soaking hours and no hours long fermentation required.
- 2/3 cup Yellow Moong Dal / Skinned and Split Green Gram
- 3 tbsp Flattened Rice / Poha
- 1 tsp Dry Fenugreek Seeds / Methi dana
- 2 to 3 Red dry chilli or 2 to 3 green chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Dry Ginger Powder or crushed Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- Salt, as per taste
- In bowl take MoongDal , Poha and Methidana. Clean and wash nicely.
- Add enough water to it and soak for 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Later drain the access water (use the same in grinding).
- In a mixer jar, take some soaked ingredients . Add red dry chillies, cumin seeds, asafoetida, dry ginger powder.. I have used Bydagi chillies so dosa colour has changed to red/ orange shade. If you use green chillies then final dosa colour will be different…
- Add sufficient water and grind smooth.
- Take out the batter in a bowl.
- Add salt and mix very well. Batter is totally ready .
- Heat a pan . Take a laddle full batter and spread on tava in circular motion .
- Pour some oil on edges . Cook till crispy..
- Flip the dosa and cook for couple of seconds..
- Serve hot with favourite variety of Chutney and Idli podi …
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..