Simple, quick and cooling raita recipe for summers. raitas are often made as side dish in indian hot summers to beat the heat and to Enhance the taste of the main dish 🙂 🙂 This flavour of Raita is one of my favorites
onion raita is best served with veg Tava pulao, peas pulao, veg biryani, kashmiri pulao or biryani or even with roti-sabzi or dal-rice. pulao and biryani are usually served with an accompanying raita.
- 2 cup fresh chilled curd
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions,
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder/bhuna jeera powder
- black salt as required (i added ⅓ tsp)
- 1 chopped Green Chilli
- 5-6 chopped mint leaves
- few chopped coriander leaves
- few mint leaves or coriander leaves for garnishing
- whisk the curd till smooth.
- then add the finely chopped onion, cumin powder,green chilli, chopped mint leaves and salt.
- mix everything and serve the onion raita with your indian meals.