How to make Thandai Phirni | Fusion Recipe | Thandai Phirni at Home | Indian Rice Pudding with Thandai Flavour
Thandai Phirni is an interesting twist on the traditional Phirni recipe with the addition of Homemade Thandai powder. You can also serve this flavored Phirni for other festivals and special occasions…
Phirni is a classic Indian dessert made with milk, rice and sugar as the basic ingredients. Thandai Phirni is a twist to the original recipe, with the addition of Thandai spice mix – Serve Thandai Phirni this Holi and enjoy with your friends and family
Phirni is an easy traditional Indian rice pudding like dessert which is prepared with full cream milk, basmati rice and sugar as the main ingredients.
In this recipe of Phirni, we have given it a twist with the addition of thandai masala that is mixed along with the phirni.
Always serve it chilled! Chill it in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Garnish Thandai Phirni with some slivered nuts and dried rose petals and serve as a dessert after your everyday North Indian meals.
Lets checkout the detailed Video recipe here…
Thandai Phirni is twist on the traditional Phirni recipe with the addition of homemade Thandai powder
- 1 lt Milk
- 3 tbsp Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Thandai Masala
- Few Saffron Strands For Garnishing
- Almond slivers
- Pistachio slivers
- Dried Rose Petals
- Few Saffron Strands To make Thandai Powder
- 4 tbsp Almonds
- 3 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Pistachio
- 1 tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper
- 5 – 6 Green Cardamom
- Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for atleast 30 minutes.
- To make Thandai Powder, grind all the ingredients listed above. Keep aside.
- Once rice grains soaked well, discard the access water and grind coarsely. Dont add water while grinding and dont grind smooth. It has to be coarse.. Keep aside.
- In a pan , heat 1 lt Milk. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat and add grinded rice. Also add some saffron strands.
- Keep stirring and cook on medium flame till rice gets soft and mixture turns thick.
- Add 1/4 cup prepared Thandai Powder and sugar
- Stir continuisely and cook for more 5 minutes.
- Switch of the gas and allow it cool. Keep in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with Almond and Pistachio slivers.. Also add some dry rose petals and saffron strands.
- Serve chilled
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂