How to make Dhaba style Matar Masala | Green Peas Masala recipe
This is North Indian, Dhaba style green peas curry recipe. Like other gravy dishes, this one is also creamy, rich and delicious.
The gravy is made from onion tomato just like typical north indian gravy. Addition of cashew nuts makes it rich and creamy.
Let’s checkout the video recipe for Dhaba Style Matar Masala…
Checkout the written recipe here…
Rich , creamy, easy to make Dhaba style Matar Masala
- 3 to 4 tbsp Oil
- 2 Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon
- 2 to 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 3 Onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Crusbed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Ginger Chili paste
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, Puree
- 1 tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp Ginger Chilli Paste
- 1.5 cup Green Peas
- 1.5 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 2 medium sized Onions
- 8 to 10 Cashew nut
- 1 tbsp Oil
For Onion Cashew Paste
- First , let’s prepare Onion Cashew Paste. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp Oil. Add onions, saute for few seconds. Add Cashews. Mix well and saute till onions turn light brown.
- Switch Off the flame and allow it to cool for a while.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp water and grind smooth. Keep aside..
- Heat a pan with water. Once starts boiling, add Fresh Green Peas. Add salt and little sugar.
- Boil for 2 minutes.. Later, Strain and keep aside ..
- If using frozen green peas , avoid the above step..
- Heat pan with 3 to 4 tbsp Oil. Add Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf. Roast for few seconds..
- Later, add finely chopped onions. Saute for a while. Then add garlic paste, ginger chilli paste. Mix well and saute for more couple of minute. Now add tomato puree , made from 3 big sized tomatoes.
- Cook till oil seperates.. Add Salt, turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder and corriander powder. .
- Saute for few seconds and add boiled green peas..
- Add 500ml warm water, simmer for 2 to 3 minutes ..
- Add Onion Cashew Paste, mix well.
- Add 2 tsp Kasuri Methi and Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve Hot with Roti, Parotha or Rice..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂