Instant Rava Dosa Recipe | Instant Sooji Dosa |
An extremely popular, simple, easy and instant dosa recipe prepared with semolina. it is basically a quick and cheat version of the popular traditional dosa recipe which is prepared with rice and urad dal dosa batter.
This can easily hold its crisp for a minimum of 4-5 mins which is not the case in rice and urad dal based dosa. So, I would heavily recommend this dosa for your next breakfast meal, if you have not planned anything yet to satisfy your dosa craving.
Let’s Checkout the Video Recipe here..
Instant Rava Dosa with South Indian Style Onion Tomato Chutney
Quick, easy and very crispy Instant Dosa with Spicy and yummy Onion Tomato Chutney
- 1 cup Semolina / Sooji
- 1 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 1 tbsp Besan
- 1 cup Curd
- 1/4 tsp cooking Soda
- Salt To make Chutney
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 3 Big Sized Onions
- 5 to 6 Garlic Cloves
- 2 to 3 Ginger pieces
- 3 big sized Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Tamarind
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder For Tempering
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Chana Dal
- 2 Dry chillies
- Few Curry Leavea
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- To prepare chutney, heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and hing.
- Once cumin seeds crackled fully , add roughly chopped Onions, garlic and ginger.
- Saute on a medium flame till Onions turns light pink.
- Later add roughly chopped Tomatoes and Tamarind.
- Add some salt. Mix well and cook till tomatoes cooked fully.
- Later add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder..
- Mix well and cook for a minute more. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool completely.
- Later, add in mixerr jar. Add some water and grind smooth..
- Fotlr tempering, heat Oil in a pan. Add urad dal, chana dal and mustard seeds.. once dals turns little dark add dry chillies and curry leaves.
- Add hing and pour on Chutney. Mix well and store in tight container in refrigerator.
- For better, take 1 cup Sooji , 1 tbsp Besan(Gram flour) and 1 tbsp Wheat Flour.
- In mixer grinder, grind as much as possible. It wont be nice like flour.
- Trasnfer in a bowl . Add 1 cup curd and little salt.
- Mix well and if needed add 2 to 3 tbsp Water. Cover and keep aside for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Later, whisk the batter for a while. Add more 3 to 4 tbsp water if needed.
- Add 1/4 tsp Cooking Soda. Whisk till mixture gets light and fluffy.
- DON’T ADD MUCH OF WATER. WE NEED THICK AND FLUFFY BATTER. IF BATTER TURNS THIN, DOSA WILL NEVER TURN CRISPY AND PERFECT.
- Heat Tava on medium flame. Sprinkle some water, and wipe off. Tava should not be very hot.
- Keep the flame on slow. Take a laddle full of batter and spread on Tava.
- Turn the flame on high. Pour a tsp of Oil on edges.
- Cook till crispy. Fold the sides and serve hot with Chutney or Idli Podi..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter ..
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂
3 thoughts on “Instant Rava Dosa”
Loved the recipe! It was what I was looking for. Cannot wait to try it for the breakfast.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much 😍😍😍 Will be waiting for your feedback
Thank you so much, i will be waiting for your feedback 😊😊