Sindhi Koki Recipe| How to make traditional Sindhi Koki | Healthy Breakfast / snacks recipe
A popular dish from Sindhi Cuisine, Sindhi Koki is a flatbread with a fabulous taste and interesting texture. It is a breakfast dish made using Wheat Flour, Spices, and Herbs. Here is how to make it.
A bite of Sindhi koki will be slightly crispy from the outside and soft from the inside providing you a perfectly crunchy bite. This Bread is not only famous for its amazing taste but also for its texture.
It is traditionally, a breakfast dish serve with cup of Tea but you can definitely serve it any time of the day along with curd, pickle, or a curry on the side
This bread gets its texture from a unique cooking method, where the dough is rolled and cooked twice.
You can serve it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I personally like to eat it for breakfast with some pickle and a cup of Tea / Coffee..
Lets checkout the detailed video recipe here…
Now, lets checkout the detailed recipe…
- Don’t knead the dough. We dont want gluten to be formed.
- No need to rest the dough.
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Onions, chopped
- 1 or 2 Green Chillies, chopped
- 3 to 4 tbsp Fresh Coriander
- 5 to 6 Black Pepper, crushed
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Oil to fry
- In a parat / big plate, take wheat flour.
- Add chopped Onions, green chillies, coriander. Add some Salt and Oil . Mix.
- Do add Black pepper corn, coarsely crushed. It gives lovely flavour and taste.
- Add water little by little and make tight dough. DON’T KNEAD THE DOUGH.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal big sized portions.
- Heat a tava . Spread few drops of Oil. Place the dough balls on it. Cook for few seconds both the sides or till it shows few dark spots on dough balls.
- Take the dough balls , and now roll gently.
- If dough turns sticky, one can use some oil or flour while rolling.
- Roll into thick and big sized Koki.
- Gently flip and place again on tava.
- Cook both sides till crispy on low to medium flame.
- Apply some Ghee / Oil and cook on both sides
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂