How to make Neer Dosa | South Indian Speciality Healthy, Gluten free, Vegan Neer Dosa
Neer Dosa are thin, soft, lacy crepes made with Rice batter. VEGAN and GLUTEN- FREE , Neer Dosa can be served with Coconut Chutney or some gravy curry. Unlike, other south indian Dosa varieties , it can be prepared with -out any lentils . It require No Fermentation.
Neer dosa are is a popular dosa variant from the Indian state of Karnataka. “Neer” means “water” in the Tulu language, meaning this dish is literally known as “water dosa.” They are so named because the batter is quite thin and watery, unlike the usual thick dosa batter.
The beauty of this Dosas are, it can be prepared with just 2 to 3 ingredients .
Checkout the detailed Video Recipe here..
Now, lets checkout detailed recipe…
Neer Dosa with Coconut Chutney
Neer Dosa are thin, soft, lacy crepes made with Rice, Coconut, salt and water. These are popular from South India...
- Soak Rice for mimimum 4 to 5 hours.
- Adding coconut while grinding batter is optional but highly recomended.
- For Chutney
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 4 to 5 green Chillies
- 2 Ginger pieces
- 3 tbsp Roasted Gram Dal
- 1/2 cup Coriader
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice To temper,
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing For Dosa
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/2 cup Coconut, chopped
- first, lets prepare chutney. In a mixer jar, take chopped coconut, green chillies, ginger, roasted gram dal , coriander, salt and lemon juice.
- Add little water and grind smooth.
- To Temper, heat oil. Add urad dal and mustard seeds. Add some curry leaves.
- Once dal turns little dark in colour add asafoetida and imnediately add in chutney. Stir and chutney is ready.
- For Neer Dosa, soak rice in enough water overnight or for atleast 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain the access water.
- Blend smooth with 1/2 cup fresh coconut. Adding coconut is optional but highly recommended.
- Add little by little water while grinding. Grind super smooth.
- Transfer to a wide bowl. Add some salt and around 250ml of water. We need thin consistency.
- Heat a pan. Grease with few drops of Oil.
- Pour the 1/2 cup batter on tava. Cover and cook for few seconds on medium flame.
- cook only one side. Serve hot with Chutney.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂