Poha Pakoda / Poha Veggie Balls recipe | Poha Balls | Teatime snack recipe
A simple and easy deep fried snack recipe made with flat and thin poha and other veggies. It is an ideal evening snack recipe or perhaps you can serve these as party starters or appetisers.
These Poha Balls are crunchy and soft and can be served as it is, but tastes great with chutney and tomato ketchup.
Lets checkout the detailed video recipe here…
Poha Veggie Balls
Crispy, crunchy easy Poha Pakoda / Poha Balls Recipe | A quick and tasty snack variety
- If veggies are not available, make it just with spices. It tatses great.
- Small Cheese cube cab be stuffed inside the balls.
- 2 cups Flattened Rice / Poha
- 1/2 cup boiled mashed Potatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Capsicum
- 1-2 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 3 tbsp Coriander , finely chopped
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 pinches Asafoetida / Hing
- 1.5 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Oil to fry
- Wash and rinse flattened rice 3 to 4 times or till water starts comimg out clean.
- Soak with water for just 2 minutes.
- Later, drain the water and keep it aside for 2 – 3 minutes. – Mash the soaked Poha nicely. Ot will turn like a dough.
- Add potato, carrots, capsicum,green chillies and corriander.
- Also add Salt, Roasted cumin powder, lemon juice, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Mix well and form a dough like mixture.
- Make small balls out of the mixture. Cutlet shape can also be given and can be roasted too.
- Heat Oil to fry .
- Add balls into hot Oil. Fry on high flame till crispy.
- Take out from oil and keep on some kitchen paper to absorb the extra oil if any.
- Serve Hot with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney.
- Tastes amazing with hot cup of Tea / Coffee.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Stay connected with me on following social medias…. Follow blog , YouTube Channel , FaceBook Page , Instagram, Pinterest , Twitter .. …
Happy Cooking 😊😊
2 thoughts on “Poha Balls / Poha Pakora”
The recipe sounds lovely. Cannot wait to try it out. Thank you Ruchi
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks a lot. Do try and dont forget to share feedback with me.