How to make Sabudana Kheer | Perfect Non sticky, Easy Sabudana Kheer Recipe
Sabudana Kheer is Creamy, non sticky, delicious and thick Pudding made from Tapioca pearls (Sago), Milk, Sugar and dry fruits.
It is an easy and popular Indian sweet made on Hindu fasting days. We generally make sabudana kheer during the Navratri or any of the fasting or vrat days.
This is a creamy and smooth kheer. Just remember to cook sabudana very well. Once cooked, they should not give you any resistance when you bite into these sago pearls – meaning they should not feel hard or dense to your teeth.
Sabudana kheer naturally thickens after cooling, so keep in mind the consistency you want in case you want to serve it cold.
If the kheer turns very thick, you can add some milk to it while serving. Sabudana kheer is easy to digest too.
Let’s checkout the Video recipe here..
Sabudana kheer is a pudding made with tapioca pearls/sabudana, milk and sugar.
- Always Soak Sabudana for atleast 1.5 to 2 hours. Soaking will reduce the cooking time.
- For sabudana kheer, use the regular sized sabudana available in the market. Do not use nylon sabudana which comes in large sizes as well as small sizes..
- Instead of Sugar – jaggery, palm sugar, palm jaggery or coconut jaggery can be used. In that case, add them once kheer is little cooled.
- 1/2 cup Sabudana / Sago
- 1 cup + 1 lt Milk
- 4 to 5 tbsp Spoon
- 3 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 3 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Some Saffron Strands
- Rinse the Sabudana pearls until the water comeout clean .
- Soak the sabudana with 1 cup Warm milk for at least 1 to 1.5 hours. Soaking will enhance the taste and will reduce the cooking time.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Add 3 to 4 tbsp water and 1 lt Milk.. Cook till water starts boiling .
- Once Milk starts boiling add soaked sago with Milk and soaked saffron.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame. Stir frequently.
- Keep stirring else Sago may stick to bottom.
- Sabudana will turn soft and trasparent once cooked.
- Kheer will turn very thick once cooled , so boil accordingly.
- add sugar, dry fruits and cardamom powder. Mix well .
- Cook for more 2 minutes and then switch off the gas.
- stir for sometime to avoid formation of cream layer on kheer.
- Serve hot, warm or chilled. Before serving garnish with some dryfruits..
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below…
Happy Cooking 😊😊