Rice kheer is basically Indian version of rice pudding made with Rice, Whole Milk, Sugar, Nuts and Spices. It is also one of the most popular kheer variant made in North Indian cuisine.. Traditionally, rice kheer made on a slow flame and it takes hours
The Indian cuisine has many variations of kheer recipes. Variations can be made with Vermicelli, Sago, lentils and vegetables like pumpkin and Carrot.
Kheer is like a pudding. Traditionally made with milk, sugar and some dry fruits. The choice of spices and flavorings are usually cardamom, rose water, kewra water or saffron.
This delicious rice kheer can be made for any festival or celebration like Diwali or also as a sweet dessert which you can serve after meals.
Like the other kheer versions, rice kheer is also easy to make and the entire recipe can be made in one pan or pot.
Just that you need to keep a check when the kheer is simmering and stir it at intervals. This is an easy slow-cooked recipe and does not demand much cooking skills.
Some Notes :
- you can use sugar-free sweeteners and add them to the kheer once its done.
- You can use jaggery. But add jaggery only after the rice kheer is done and cooled a little.
- With brown sugar, also follow the same method as that for jaggery.
- One can use even Condensed Milk in the recipe. Add condensed milk once rice is cooked fully. Don’t add Sugar when adding condensed milk.
- You can easily make chocolate rice kheer with this recipe. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or add grated chocolate once the kheer is cooked..
Checkout the Video Recipe here..
Creamy, Delicious Rice Kheer , made in Pressure Cooker within 30 minutes
- Any rice variety can be used. –
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 cup Rice
- 1 lt Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom+ Nutmag powder
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1 tbsp Cashew Nuts
- 1 tbsp Pistachio
- wash and soak rice in enogh water for at least 10 minutes. Later, drain the water..
- Heat a pressure cooker with little Ghee. Saute the soaked rice for a minute.
- Then, add 1 cup milk and 1/2 cup water. Stir well.
- Close the lid and cook for 2 whistles on slow flame.
- Later, mash the cooked rice little. Add 1 lt Milk (preferably full fat milk).
- Add some saffron strands. Cook on medium flame for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup Sugar, and chopped dry fruits.
- Cook again for 5 minutes. Lastly, add Cardamom and Nutmeg powder.
- Mix well and switch off the flame. Allow it to cool for 1 hour.
- Kheer will be more thick once cooled.
- Serve Hot, Warm or Chilled.
Hope you will like this recipe. I would love to listen from you all..
Kindly rate the recipe and give your feedback in the comment box below.
Happy Cooking 😊😊