Butterscotch cake… well i can still feel that fresh fragrance of the cake. This is my first try on icing the whole cake, feeling very very happy very excited as i made this cake on my Birthday 🙂 🙂 To give a surprise to hubby, as he loves this flavor the most .
And result surprised me, very very soft, creamy,tasty.
• Flour – 1½ Cup
• Sugar – ½ Cup
• Milk – 1 Cup ( Or as much needed )
• Butter – ⅓ Cup
• Butterscotch Crush – ⅓ Cup
• Condensed Milk – ½ Cup
• Baking Powder – 1 Tsp
• Baking Soda – ½ Tsp
• Butterscotch Essence – 1 Tsp
• Whipping Cream – 2¼ Cup
• Yellow Color – Few Drops
• Butterscotch Essence – 1 Tsp
• Butterscotch Crush – 3 Tbsp
• Butterscotch Balls -Few
• Sugar Syrup – Mix 2 tsp of sugar with 7-8 tsp water . Boil together till sugar dissolves . Switch off the gas. Allow it to cool completely then add few drops of butterscotch essence.
1. Take a bowl and add in the room temp. butter, beat it. Then add the sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Then add in the condensed milk, whisk for another 2-3 mins. Then add the butterscotch essence, crush and whip for another minute.
3. Take a sieve and sift in the flour, baking powder.
4. Add half of the sifted flour mix to the wet mix along with ¼ cup milk and mix. Proceed by adding another batch of flour and milk. Mix well. Add another ¼ cup milk and mix.
5. Preheat oven in Convection mode at 190C .
6. Apply butter to a cake tin of a steel/aluminium. Dust with Maida Flour..
7. Add the batter to the cake tin and then tap it twice.
8. Bake on same temperature for 40 mins. Before removing check cake by inserting toothpick into the center of cake. If u feel its sticky, bake more for 5 mins.
9. Allow it to cool completely .
1. In a bowl, add the whipping cream make sure its cold. Start whipping it. Once it reaches soft peaks add the butterscotch essence and yellow color. Whip well till stiff peaks. Once whipped, refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Cut cake into three layer horizontally by turning the table. Transfer the layers to a plate.
4. Apply a wee bit of cream in the center of the turn table and place the bottom most cake layer.
5. Spread some sugar syrup over the cake. Now add a dollop of cream and spread a good ½ inch layer. Add 1½ Tbsp Butterscotch crush over to it and spread. Place another layer and repeat..
6. Now the final layer, keep it upside down and then spread syrup!Take a big dollop of cream and then spread it on top as well on sides. Then make it smooth! Make a thin layer. Now place this in the freezer for 50 mins.
7. After 50 mins, add a good dollop of cream to it and spread using a spatula or a long knife/palette knife. Transfer to a cake board/ plate when you’re satisfied. When u transfer the cake be very attentive, a small mistake can ruin everything. Clean the sides of dish near cake so when u design the cake no hurdles.
8. Decorate as you wish ,
9. Using leftover whipping cream make a shell border using a piping bag with star nozzle by just pressing then slightly lifting and then let it come down again the piping bag. Or just press and release for stars. Make a border on top edge as well as bottom edge. sprinkle some half crushed butterscotch balls
Happy Cooking 🙂 🙂